Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ivoroid vs other Bindings

foodermon

We wanted 6 ply.

They swore and bitched and moaned but accepted.

Isn't that what is on the Improv? Do you count the white lines only?

Also, why would they bitch and moan?

F.

No, no and ask them.

Jeez dude, hurry up and invent humility.

F.

Go away.

Inventing is taking on the status of half a twenty. btw cool binding. PS I don't know who invented half a twenty.

All buffoonery is hammered away at relentlessly here. One of my favorite things about the HFC. In fact, I believe I'll start a thread about it.

Yeah yeah that's all great but where is the REAL cool shit? Pearloid binding, Badger?

Huh? What?

Sorry, I've been away. Still am, actually. Signing in from Italy, UK tomorrow.

1051467016319_a7_Surf_Tele_edge_3.JPG

Improv® (IMPR)

The Hamer Improv® features a double-cutaway, ivoroid (6-ply) multi-stripe bound body with Honduras mahogany sides and carved mahogany back. Other features include:

- Fossilized Ivory Nut

- Ivoroid/multistripe bound 3-piece Mahogany neck

- Solid ebony headstock plate

- Genuine pearl inlaid Hamer logo

- Hand carved ebony tailpiece

while on jug duty I was thumbing thru the latest Hamer catalog. I'm glad they concentrate on making kick ass guitars rather than counting correctly. :rolleyes:

from the catalog...

... The Hamer Improv features a Honduras Mahogany body with an arched back, bound front and back with a 5-ply multi-stripe Ivoroid binding. ...

my impression is that each inner black or white stripe is not layered separately, but rather as one or more "multi stripe" layers.. Here's a link w/ some examples

Example Bindings - scroll to bottom for illustrations

maybe I'm wrong... anyone see this stuff laying around at the factory?

Yeah yeah that's all great but where is the REAL cool shit? Pearloid binding, Badger?

Huh? What?

Sorry, I've been away. Still am, actually. Signing in from Italy, UK tomorrow.

1051467016319_a7_Surf_Tele_edge_3.JPG

Dude, that's so f$%#&*@g bad ass!

my impression is that each inner black or white stripe is not layered separately, but rather as one or more "multi stripe" layers.. Here's a link w/ some examples

Nope - the layers of binding are laid on as individual strips, believe it or not. One of those "we do it the hard waym even though we don't have to" things they do so well.

Archived