Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Final New Hartford Hamer Standard has arrived!

It is the most beautiful and the most sad thing I think I have ever seen.

Congrats Davidb, congrats to all the master artists at Hamer for creating such works of art which are used to create works of art.

I am glad they got that one out for you!

Just out of morbid curiosity, what is the FINAL serial number from Hamer?

3 56432 - I guess there could be one out there with a later number if it was finished before mine. Let's hope the remaining Hamers can be finished somehow.

And by the way, I tried for more than one, but it was too late.

Indeed would be great if the remaining Hamers would be finished either. Waited at least nearly two years for number 2 56421 ... with a lucky end.

So my best wishes for these guys!!

My Standard is serial # 256429.......any idea what the sequence is?? Guessing the first number signifies 2012?

Yes.

It is so cool that the last Hamer went to someone on this message board, AND someone who was buying Hamers 30 years ago.

Let's hope Gibson does not sue over the bell shaped truss rod cover. It might get Hamer shut down. :rolleyes: What a subtle way to give the flying finger at the end.

Congrats - that is truly an awesome and very significant Hamer - wow. I'm thrilled something really that awesome came from the last week of this shit-show.

I've thought about this Standard and its, "just under the wire" completion over the last few days (probably more than I should have) and the remarkable quality of this Standard, is actually, quite "standard" work for their fine luthiers.

As an owner of a handful of really nice USA Hamer's - I love them ALL. Its not just that they all sound incredible can sound incredible (if the right person plays them), but also because of how they feel when played - the old adage, "110% musical instrument and 110% works of art". It just dawned on me - when I pick any one of them up to play or just ogle them - to me - it feels like every Hamer they ever crafted was precisely planned, examined, loved and labored over as if it might be the very last guitar they ever made and that's the magical part you can FEEL.

Every square millimeter of Hamer's guitars are gloriously crafted, USA overkill. That, my friends, is the core of Hamer's irreplaceable mojo.

My Standard is serial # 256429.......any idea what the sequence is?? Guessing the first number signifies 2012?

Yes.

The 2 is for 2012.

Congrats! That's beautiful. You've got something to be very proud of there.

Great and very beautiful guitar ...and also, like, historical! (The first and the last Hamer was a Standard...)

I'm happy for you! :)

(Everyone of us that have ordered a custom made Hamer knows the feeling of holding it for the first time!

My Studio Custom - see the avatar on the left - feels like heaven!)

Great and very beautiful guitar ...and also, like, historical! (The first and the last Hamer was a Standard...)

I'm happy for you! :)

(Everyone of us that have ordered a custom made Hamer knows the feeling of holding it for the first time!

My Studio Custom - see the avatar on the left - feels like heaven!)

+1 on both accounts.

No they did not.

Not likely.

They'll probably get a refund of their deposit.

Archived