Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What cases are for

Yesterday at about noon through Last night until about midnight here was a bit harry as well. I believe this is the same storm system that passed through about 20-25 miles south of us with two separate tornados on the ground. Luckily they were mostly in rural areas with just damage to farmland. It was nasty.

I hope and pray it passes through your area without incident. Get small. :rolleyes:

yes.

Shit storm weather here since yesterday.

Have more incoming... Like that pic...

Yup, all cased up and secured,

cars backed in, chain saws topped off and ready...

Guest gearwhore

no tornadoes..here but we have had the wind raging for two days...power been going out every few hours.. <_< ..trees down all over :wacko: ....mixed with snow and ice :(....good luck to you down there...good idea being prepared.

Springtime can be as mean as winter. So far so good for me, but some folks to the west and north of me had a bad time of it (local TV radar indicated 165 mph winds in an area of circulating winds in Limestone county Alabama), and we have a repeat coming tomorrow.

Hang on, everyone experiencing the power of nature. The sun will shine again.

Looking for a silver lining in this cloud, I found that I don't have cases for 9 of the herd (partscasters and cheapo imports for the most part), so I have stuff out and available to play with while I watch the radar. Unplugged, of course.

So I'm not the only one that puts everything it its case when this comes up? Well that's at least one 'curiosity' that doesn't mean I'm off in the head!

It was pretty rough here last night (north west Tennessee), but my buds in Arkansas got it really bad. Tupelo, Mississippi got hit this afternoon. We've been trouble-shooting and overnighting parts out all day (we sell transmission equipment to telephone companies). Looks like we've got more coming in tonight. Batten down the hatches!

Tornado siren whining as I type this, but it's only for a rotating storm, not an actual tornado, and things are winding down here for tonight. Leaving everything thing in its case as we reload for tomorrow, though. Thanks for the well-wishes and remember that lots of folks here in the south didn't come out as well as I did as the weather passed by. Wishing well for all of us in the "all four seasons" part of the top tornado-producing country in the world as spring struggles to turn into summer.

Dad's neighborhood got hit by one in Brandon, MS today. Apparently tore a lot of trees down around on his lot, but spared his house. A lot of other houses didn't fare so well, but luckily it seems limited mostly to structural damage there.

Dad's neighborhood got hit by one in Brandon, MS today. Apparently tore a lot of trees down around on his lot, but spared his house. A lot of other houses didn't fare so well, but luckily it seems limited mostly to structural damage there.

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I have relatives in Brandon and Madison and Clinton, I'll have to check in with them. I thought it was mostly north of there. Good luck to your dad.

Well, Smith county has been found to the THE highest tornado risk county in the US (and therefore the world) according to a Mississippi State University study in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. And I've got an aunt and uncle there, too. Oh well, 'tis the season, at least for a few more weeks, until the upper atmosphere warms up some. So let's make sure the weather radio is working, and play and talk guitars.

Everyone in NC okay? I was at my daughter's high school athletic banquet last night and twitter was lit up by TWC blasting out "tornado sighted" warnings every couple of minutes! I couldn't help but think - lots of HFCers in NC!

Archived