Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD- a bit belated, but it's 2 USA Standards!!!!!!

Ok, first off, apologies for not being around much- I do keep checking in, but work had been real busy, so not a bad thing really!

Recent purchase No1 from Midnight Moses- many thanks to Euan for being a patient man ( again, work getting in the way), and his great hospitality- not to mention a play with his other Hamers! So top bloke all round really! Cheers Euan……. ( oh, and a mention to 'ghamerinfrance' for listing the PSA)

Here she is- 99 Standard with Bare Knuckle Mules…..

DSC08486copy_zps814d3965.jpg

DSC08497copy_zps2ad40c82.jpg

Top, top guitar- sounds great- mellow p/up's for me, but I'm loving it…..the mellow end of my Standards.

Now, I'll start another post about this one- I think the Ebay ad was a load of rubbish- but the guitar ain't……..this is the wilder side of my Standards!!!

DSC08473copy_zps5914c4bd.jpg

DSC08447copy_zps22da278a.jpg

Yes, yes- that's EMG's- the first guitar I've had with EMG's - loving that too…….although my bank balance is not so happy..

Generally just loving the Starndards………at last, I get to post in the Standard Appreciation post…...

Life is good……….

Cheers

Dave B)

Congrats

Hi Guys

Thanks for the kid words- I'm really happy with them….

Well, the Blue one was an Ebay purchase, but I think there was more incorrect with the ebay description, than there was correct! I'm trying to stay polite here…..so I'll start a new thread and see if anyone on the board here can help.

Seller listed it as 07- but serial starts with 05……..said he imported it into the UK from US himself, if so then there's one exactly the same in a music shop in the south of England that I had been watching- stuff like that!

I think the blue is 05, burst is 99……….

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Guys!

Thanks marcnorth- that would make perfect sense as they feel EXACTLY the same guitar. Same neck and feel…..

So they're a 99 and a 2000- that's even better as my Sunbursts are consecutive years……a pattern forming here!

I'll post the stuff about the blue one on another thread, see if I can get more info.

Cheers

Dave

Hi David,

Sorry man, had to sell the LP to help pay for the Standard madness! Great guitar, but I just wasn't giving it the attention it deserved.

Went to a great guy in Wales who is using it in his band supporting Status Quo this summer.

I feel I only need one more guitar now- a US Cali !!!

Cheers

Dave

Double dose of goodness! Congratulations and enjoy!

Exactly!

Archived