Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

My wife already hates you.

Yeah, I've already gotten "the look" from the wife by the mere mentioning of Mike's start up.

Her next response was, "You're not thinking of getting another custom are you?" Not so much a question, as a directive. You'd BETTER not be getting another custom!" :lol:

Ah well, she and I have plenty of years to resolve my lapse in judgment and find forgiveness. I sense a 25.5" scale Ultimate (Standard) will be ordered soon.

While the run of Ultimate Standards is limited at the intro price, other normally-priced customs are not and from my understanding, these will be very competitively priced. I think back to those heady days of 2000-2003 or so when dreaming was affordable!

I just talked to Mike and he said he MAY increase the run to 25 since things are going so well. First he needs to see how many come thru with the deposit. My advice is put in an order for the special ultimate run to anyone interested that is worried about having missed it.is cause you might not have.

Starting a business is always a scary proposition but I think he and his wife are overwhelmed by and appreciative of the support. The HFC is the best.

Congrats. Wish Fender would have just licensed you the right to use the name "Hamer" for free. Bastards.

I'm in.

I think Mike is going to be a very busy man.

Man, I actually don't check this site for 12 hours and looks like I'm too late to get in line. Bummer.

Me too. :(

But maybe,

Maybe there will be more than 12 with soooooooooooo...much interest.

Got all my fingers and toes crossed.

This is awesome news and congrats to Mike! I wish I had time to check out his new site but I have to go to work. Imaging reading this and then having to wait 10 hours for the details. Yeah, that's my day.

Exactly the situation I am in now :(

EDIT: Just read the bit about maybe 25, so I just need...another 9 hours to get home :) I can't even get to his site from work.

I just talked to Mike and he said he MAY increase the run to 25 since things are going so well. First he needs to see how many come thru with the deposit. My advice is put in an order for the special ultimate run to anyone interested that is worried about having missed it.is cause you might not have.

Starting a business is always a scary proposition but I think he and his wife are overwhelmed by and appreciative of the support. The HFC is the best.

BTW Props on the Website!

BTW Props on the Website!

Thanks, It appears to be working! Just happy to be able to help in anyway I can. Mike deserves it.

I see a Shishkov Ultimate Bass in my future.

(providing he will make a bass after he's done with the limited run)

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format, which is the only way that low price will work.

Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

The regular "Custom Quote" option, at Mike's higher, regular pricing, will apply for anything outside of the basic model.

For those who have asked, Sustainblocks and boomerang inlays are NOT available. Sustainblocks supplied by the purchaser could be an option, but boomerangs are a Hamer property.

I see a Shishkov Ultimate Bass in my future.

(providing he will make a bass after he's done with the limited run)

I was thinking the same thing! That was a Hamer I never ordered and wished I had. Maybe I should try a quote... Hmmm!

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format. Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

The regular "Custom Quote" option, at Mike's higher, regular pricing, will apply for anything outside of the basic model.

For those who have asked, Sustainblocks and boomerang inlays are NOT available. Sustainblocks supplied by the purchaser could be an option, but boomerangs are a Hamer property.

Understood and already assumed as much. Had NO intentions of getting my specs to be considered as options in the Ultimate run.

It's still major-league excitement on this end. I've been walking around with a boner all morning. Or I was until I read the no boomerangs clarification.

<droop>

Mrs stonge saw it on FB this morning, so I requested a quote on an emerald green 4 digit bound and crowned with an ebony board. Yeah, that would do it lol.

Best of luck to Mike in this new endeavor, and props to Ted and whoever else is providing assistance on this. Great news!

Coincidentally, I just got an email about sustain blocks from Mike's wife, this new business is a family affair for sure, and she mentioned that while he may have some I don't think he has many. There maybe a lucky few that get em.

Stonge you ready to make another run of SBs? I kid, I kid. ;-)

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format. Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

Understood and already assumed as much. Had NO intentions of getting my specs to be considered as options in the Ultimate run.

It's still major-league excitement on this end. I've been walking around with a boner all morning. Or I was until I read the no boomerangs clarification.

<droop>

Who knows...maybe he'll be able to get away with "reverse check marks" or something... ;)

Chris is correct that the special ultimate offer and price is for the base model mentioned. Those with upgrades will be priced accordingly and I expect relatively reasonably priced but Mike is the last word on that.

Upside MAY be that the number of orders for the base model without upgrades might be below 25 still so don't wait if you are thinking about pulling the trigger.

Btw, Mike is swamped so please be patient while he works thru the pile and responds. He's also trying to put some new machinery in place today. I have a feeling its going to be a long day at the Shishkov house.

how freakin' cool is this? congrats to all involved, cannot wait to see the end results!

This ^^^^^^^

Thanks, It appears to be working! Just happy to be able to help in anyway I can. Mike deserves it.

A bug I'm noticing in Safari: the heading of each subsection on the Custom Order Estimate page overlaps with the top pulldown, rendering it inoperable. All of the pulldowns in each subsection work as they should.

Congratulations to Mike and everybody involved! This are great news.

Already sent an inquiry for a Standard inspired by the Gary Moore-model. I so hope to be in.....

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format, which is the only way that low price will work.

Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

That is why I left almost everything as "other" on the dropdowns. I want mine to be what Mike thinks these Ultimates should be.....cept for the lefty part. :lol:

Archived