Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

Funny, I remember where I have seen this typography in the Shishkov brand but where ???? I wish you really the best but I hope the naming concept can be much simpler.....A warm good luck and I hope to be fortunate enough to ,once in my life, have a custom order...At least , I know, now , where the order will go to.

When do I get to make a promo/commercial that will make Jol and other boutique custom shops completely green with envy?

Maybe we can do a small fund raiser to get enough funds to schlep me to Conneticut?

If Mike puts Duncan pups in his guitars, I can surely get some Facebook cross promotion going with the Duncan page.

If ever there is a moment where my talents and abilities are needed... this moment is surely one of them.

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format, which is the only way that low price will work.

Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

The regular "Custom Quote" option, at Mike's higher, regular pricing, will apply for anything outside of the basic model.

For those who have asked, Sustainblocks and boomerang inlays are NOT available. Sustainblocks supplied by the purchaser could be an option, but boomerangs are a Hamer property.

That is why I left almost everything as "other" on the dropdowns. I want mine to be what Mike thinks these Ultimates should be.....cept for the lefty part. :lol:

I just put a little note in the comments that I was not married to any of the options I chose.

ETA: on another note: this would be the perfect 50th birthday present!

When do I get to make a promo/commercial that will make Jol and other boutique custom shops completely green with envy?

Maybe we can do a small fund raiser to get enough funds to schlep me to Conneticut?

If Mike puts Duncan pups in his guitars, I can surely get some Facebook cross promotion going with the Duncan page.

If ever there is a moment where my talents and abilities are needed... this moment is surely one of them.

Geoff:

Right now, Mike is working out the custom pickup concept and basic supplier. Obviously, that will be based not only on his vision/hearing and customer inquiry, but also by whatever makes economic sense for him as a builder. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage, but having you do a video (or videos) would definitely be a cool thing to add as a site feature!

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Keep in mind, "The Ultimate" run is for a basic run of "4-Digit" style guitars. This is not intended to be for totally tricked out instruments - the special pricing is geared around Mike's ability to produce a repeatable, basic guitar format, which is the only way that low price will work.

Just because there are options in the drop downs for custom quotes does not mean that these will be available on the limited run guitars, and DEFINITELY not at the price point indicated. The idea is to get things going and get some really cool guitars in the hands of players, but not to make every one of these a totally unique custom guitar. There will be some things (finish selection, fingerboard wood, etc.) that may be available as upcharges, but for the people looking for "ultimate multi-ply binding", scale length other than standard, Floyd Rose trems, or names inlaid in the fingerboard - that's not happening at the special run pricing!

For a brief moment I was astonished that this even had to be verbalized. Then I remembered: this is the HFC, home of the guys who could complicate a no-strings-attached quickie from Kate Upton.

Funny, I remember where I have seen this typography in the Shishkov brand but where ????

Commence the "from across a smoky bar it looks like a Hamer" lawsuits.

I'd like to wish everyone involved enormous success with this venture.

This is 100% Mike!

Any involvement by others here is purely to support/launch his venture and help him continue to do what he loves to do and does so well.

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

The regular "Custom Quote" option, at Mike's higher, regular pricing, will apply for anything outside of the basic model.

For those who have asked, Sustainblocks and boomerang inlays are NOT available. Sustainblocks supplied by the purchaser could be an option, but boomerangs are a Hamer property.

That is why I left almost everything as "other" on the dropdowns. I want mine to be what Mike thinks these Ultimates should be.....cept for the lefty part. :lol:

I just put a little note in the comments that I was not married to any of the options I chose.

ETA: on another note: this would be the perfect 50th birthday present!

I just turned 50 on Saturday so I agree. Damn where did the last 20 years go ?

For a brief moment I was astonished that this even had to be verbalized. Then I remembered: this is the HFC, home of the guys who could complicate a no-strings-attached quickie from Kate Upton.

Although it shouldn't need to be said, the aforementioned item is NOT an available option.

Although it shouldn't need to be said, the aforementioned item is NOT an available option.

MC hit that mofo on the head! I was so panic that I just filled it in hoping to make the cut when I thought there were only twelve. I also noted in comments that any options out of line with the project just let me know.

This is exciting news. Best of luck to all parties involved.

ps - I had to google Kate Upton - but I do know what a quickie is. The there is no such thing as no-string-attached - that would be like getting a “new” 4 digit for $1680 - there is no such thing ;)

Geoff:

Right now, Mike is working out the custom pickup concept and basic supplier. Obviously, that will be based not only on his vision/hearing and customer inquiry, but also by whatever makes economic sense for him as a builder. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage, but having you do a video (or videos) would definitely be a cool thing to add as a site feature!

Couldn't hurt to give Frank Falbo a ring at Duncan, Frank's a great guy.

Dammit.

** PLEASE READ THIS!! **

Understood and already assumed as much. Had NO intentions of getting my specs to be considered as options in the Ultimate run.

It's still major-league excitement on this end. I've been walking around with a boner all morning. Or I was until I read the no boomerangs clarification.

<droop>

Who knows...maybe he'll be able to get away with "reverse check marks" or something... ;)

I was thinking "Mike Swooshes", myself. Man, I'd like to have them (and a sustain block), but I understand the parameters within which we're working, and I will definitely play ball.

Cheers to the start of something good!

Mike, your wok speaks volumes of your talent. I wish you huge success, and i'll be one of your clients, hopefully in the near future, or later.

I'm happy to see that the dream is not dead, and that you get to do what you love to do.

Good luck!!!

Mike, your wok speaks volumes of your talent. I wish you huge success, and i'll be one of your clients, hopefully in the near future, or later.

I'm happy to see that the dream is not dead, and that you get to do what you love to do.

Good luck!!!

Damn, Mike- you ARE talented- building high quality, boutique guitars AND cooking some kick ass stir fry in your wok...

Good luck!!!

Damn, Mike- you ARE talented- building high quality, boutique guitars AND cooking some kick ass stir fry in your wok...

I only blame myself, she has read to many of my posts.

WOW!

I just have to say Congratulations!!!!1 and I hope someday I can add my name to the list of lucky individuals with your name on the headstock! There's nothing like getting the love and adoration for doing what you love to do!

Best wishes, you deserve nothing but the best!

Well... That is a deal breaker for me.

Archived