Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

Congrats to all you guys that got in on the first run. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the results.

I put in a request for a quote on a bass myself. I want a double cut and when it's done I also want a standard bass to go with it .

The initial run sold out right away, but Mike will be opening up for individual orders once he can come up for air!

Congratulations MIke!

I want to be in but realistically, the Standard shape is not for me! If I got one I would just end up trying to flip it for profit. I'll leave this for the guys here who really want an Ultimate. If you offer a a similar intro on a double you can count me in now!

ArnieZ

Double cut for me also. Best of luck with the start up, wishing you all the best.

so I have been told <_< ....worst day ever right now :(

Fill out a quote form for exactly what you want. I'm sure the price will be fair. I just filled out the form for another quote.

Guest gearwhore

Congrats on all lucky ones to be able to hover here and get this fucking unbelievable deal.....I WANT ONE TOO.... :mellow: I got dibs on the first one sold :rolleyes:

Guest gearwhore

so I have been told <_< ....worst day ever right now :(

Put in for a quote for exactly what you want. I'm sure the price will be fair. I just filled out the form for another quote.

i did I did..but wont be as cheap

Guest gearwhore

"....worst day ever..." Dude, you got a rack of vintage goodness! :P

That is why I NEEDED a "new" one, they are all old :lol:

Just received (or got to read) the email from Mike about being patient about our custom orders. No problem at all, guys. I do understand the 12 first Ultimate go first. I'm not in a hurry anyway -I don't actually need that Shishkov guitar I asked a quote for. I just want it! :)

Guest gearwhore

The banner is so big that you can't miss it!

where?...oh wait I have add block plus on...I bet if I disable it I will see it...so I could have gotten in on the first run had I "ab+" off...fuck

pricing confirmed... payment sent.

ordering an amber/natural flametop, bound and crowned, grover tuners, ideally creme

humbucker (bridge) zebra (rhythm). Dimarzio's are cool but if mike has something

else in mind will trust his judgement. was going to go bound headstock but slept

on it and decided unbound. although that might be a great option on something

like black... pricing on the upgrades were pretty reasonable, had my eye on a

nice amber or natural flametop for a while, should be arriving a little before my

50th birthday.

was told by Mike, that the tops will be nice.

Well, my quote went in about page2. I wonder where that stands me in wait time? :unsure:

Great to see such a huge interest. This must be a luthiers dream being able to set up on your own, not knowing 100% whether there's enough interest out there, and then having confirmation that there is more than enough to get started.

I know that feeling when you first start up (not that I am a guitar builder). Plenty of trepidation, worry about bills and whether you'll actually get paid, dealing with all the legislative cr@p that you have to deal with that you didn't have to as an employee, the feeling that you're somehow cheating working for yourself, building a reputation in your own name etc.

Good luck Mike. A brave move that looks like it will be rewarded. :)

Just received (or got to read) the email from Mike about being patient about our custom orders. No problem at all, guys. I do understand the 12 first Ultimate go first. I'm not in a hurry anyway -I don't actually need that Shishkov guitar I asked a quote for. I just want it! :)

I was in for the initial run according to Mike's mail. Stepped back for the same reason above as I wanted to be helpful for kick starting Mike's business. Let others take the Ultimates and now wait until my personal guitar options/ideas have been cleared in my mind.

All the best to the Shishkov business!

I guess my custom order is one of the first ones. That should make the waiting time shorter for me -thus more bearable. ;) But to be frank, it's really cool having some extra time to make my mind about the finish and the materials. I'm actually almost there! ;)

pricing confirmed... payment sent.

ordering an amber/natural flametop, bound and crowned, grover tuners, ideally creme

humbucker (bridge) zebra (rhythm). Dimarzio's are cool but if mike has something

else in mind will trust his judgement. was going to go bound headstock but slept

on it and decided unbound. although that might be a great option on something

like black... pricing on the upgrades were pretty reasonable, had my eye on a

nice amber or natural flametop for a while, should be arriving a little before my

50th birthday.

was told by Mike, that the tops will be nice.

I put in for a bound headstock - still wavering on that one. Bound (neck) and crowned was never a question (if offered, and it graciously and extremely reasonably was). I'll have to look through The BookTM and see which appeals. I'm kind of thinking now an un-bound headstock might be more 4-D looking...

Archived