Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

Sent my deposit via PayPal yesterday. Now I just need to decide on the finish, perhaps match the Standard on the cover of "The Book" or let Mike do what the guitar tells him or......

Color has never been a big factor in guitar purchase decisions since I am a lefty. We usually just gotta take what we find.

That's what I went with for that same reason!

Do you mean you went with bound and crowned, but with no headstock binding?

The more photos I look at, the more I'm considering foregoing the headstock binding. I mailed my deposit in today, taken from the total including a bound headstock, but I'm sure Mr. Shishkov wouldn't mind less binding.

Sent my deposit via PayPal yesterday. Now I just need to decide on the finish, perhaps match the Standard on the cover of "The Book" or let Mike do what the guitar tells him or......

Color has never been a big factor in guitar purchase decisions since I am a lefty. We usually just gotta take what we find.

The cover Standard is definitely on my mind. The Bubs Standard has always been my favorite, but the Standard on The Book is equally impressive. Maybe a melding of the two...

The official finish color of the Standard on the cover of the book is " '17 Burst". ;)

#0076 Burst or #0189 Burst? :lol::huh:B):ph34r:

77ham3.jpg

I will choose Vintage Natural going for that Zandard kind of thought.

Somewhere between here....

2005hsc17_zpsc2432498.jpg

and here perhaps.....

01ham6.jpg

I was thinking about #0189's coloring and if that was what things might look like for the Sunburst mentioned. :unsure:

Vintage Natural is more me though and I am surprised to see as many others thinking the same way. B):P:huh:

As giddy as I got when I saw the news, I was damned glad it was for something I wasn't burning up to have. If this kind of deal had popped up for a Watson, or something like a B4M (that would match my B12M) I think I'd have jumped and just figured out how to explain it to my wife later down the road....I'm really glad so many people have lined up with the moolah to make it happen! :)

As giddy as I got when I saw the news, I was damned glad it was for something I wasn't burning up to have. If this kind of deal had popped up for a Watson, or something like a B4M (that would match my B12M) I think I'd have jumped and just figured out how to explain it to my wife later down the road....I'm really glad so many people have lined up with the moolah to make it happen! :)

I had similar thoughts at first, but quickly decided to fill out the form for my own custom order -"screw The Ultimate; this is what I actually want", I said to myself. :) That's how I placed my inquiry very early, trying to avoid having to wait forever if I waited too much at first. Now it's just Mike who can prove me right... or wrong. ;)

As did I.

And I.

Yes, sir.

Oh, and all of these pics are making me re-think my color choice... Thanks, jerks.... :)

I received an e-mail from Mike who was very kind to put me into the second run. I ordered an Ultimate with tobaccoburst and the only option I asked for was an electrosocket input jack, but after looking at all of the pics I may go for the upcharge for crown inlays and switch to the bubsburst.

As did I.

And I.

Yes, sir.

Oh, and all of these pics are making me re-think my color choice... Thanks, jerks.... :)

I received an e-mail from Mike who was very kind to put me into the second run. I ordered an Ultimate with tobaccoburst and the only option I asked for was an electrosocket input jack, but after looking at all of the pics I may go for the upcharge for crown inlays and switch to the bubsburst.

The hard part with custom orders is getting your options right on the first submission.

As did I.

And I.

Yes, sir.

Help a slow-witted brother out - does this mean you all went with bound/crowned with no headstock binding?

Now that I'm at home and viewing The BookTM, I'm thinking I'm going to drop the headstock binding. The only 4-D's I see with a bound headstock are #0055 (with the L-5 fretboard and rectangular position markers, p.37 if anyone's interested) and #0020 (white with black binding, p.38).

I'm really liking how small the headstocks look without the binding, especially #0017 (cover, pp.42-43, et alibi) and #0055 (Jaws, p.47).

As did I.

And I.

Yes, sir.

Help a slow-witted brother out - does this mean you all went with bound/crowned with no headstock binding?

Now that I'm at home and viewing The BookTM, I'm thinking I'm going to drop the headstock binding. The only 4-D's I see with a bound headstock are #0055 (with the L-5 fretboard and rectangular position markers, p.37 if anyone's interested) and #0020 (white with black binding, p.38).

I'm really liking how small the headstocks look without the binding, especially #0017 (cover, pp.42-43, et alibi) and #0055 (Jaws, p.47).

The 4D style headstock is supposed to look LONG!

The CLASSIC look!!

Sorry, I should have used the word "narrow" rather than small - I like how narrow they look without the binding. Yes, and long, too.

ETA: am I understanding the headstock binding choice (or lack thereof) correctly?

Sorry, I should have used the word "narrow" rather than small - I like how narrow they look without the binding. Yes, and long, too.

ETA: am I understanding the headstock binding choice (or lack thereof) correctly?

Yes, you are understanding correctly.

They made a good amount with binding, but most did not have it. I myself don't even know which I like more. On the short version, it looks stubbier with binding. On the longer versions, I think it looks great with or without.

Archived