Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

** PLEASE NOTE!! **

Mike is still in the process of setting up his shop, getting some new equipment in place, and working out the details of his new business venture. In addition to that, he is a bit swamped with the HUGE tidal wave of orders and quote requests that poured in over just the first few hours and days. He's going to be replying to people individually and in turn, but please understand that this will take some time as he sifts through everything on his plate right now. Your patience is requested (and appreciated!) as he tackles this task.

The intent of the initial run and opening the site was to get some early orders and deposits in so that he could start production in the next few weeks/month and get ramped up. The feedback has been fantastic, and very inspirational, however, Mike wants to assure that every order gets the attention it deserves.

Please note that the first priority will be working through and completing the initial run, and then Mike will be taking on some custom order work and most likely, original designs in the very near future.

Stick around - great stuff ahead over the coming months as things continue to take shape!

Thanks Steve! Knowing how busy he is now, its much appreciated that you are able to and take the time to ge the info out. You're actually a good publicist, Employee #2? LOL...

BTW, is Yuri really his brother (Fender CS)?

Thanks Steve! Knowing how busy he is now, its much appreciated that you are able to and take the time to ge the info out. You're actually a good publicist, Employee #2? LOL...

BTW, is Yuri really his brother (Fender CS)?

I believe it's his older brother, yes.

The talent runs in the family it seems.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but has anyone considered his business plan may fail, or Fender may stop him from making exact copies of "their" guitar?

Or even that special deal Hamer had with Gibson to make Explorers may somehow get involved and ruin things?

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but has anyone considered his business plan may fail, or Fender may stop him from making exact copies of "their" guitar?

Or even that special deal Hamer had with Gibson to make Explorers may somehow get involved and ruin things?

You know, there's one in every group.

HOLY SHIT I'M IN!!

just got an email from Mike. I'd pretty much resolved that I'd never have my Sunburst's partner, but now it SHALL BE DONE.

and on the topic of the explorer shape, here's a blurb when Gibson went after those little cardboard guitars:

Los Angeles, CA (December 22, 2010) - Gibson Guitar Corp. was granted a request for an injunction against WOWWEE USA Inc, the makers of Paper Jamz, and its retailers, which include Wal-Mart, Amazon.com, Big Lots Stores, K Mart Corporation, Target Corporation, Toys “R” Us- Delaware Inc, Walgreen Co., Brookstone Company, Best Buy Co. Inc, eBay Inc, Toywiz Inc and HSN Inc.

The initial complaint, filed by Gibson Guitar Corp. on November 18, 2010, stated that the WOWWEE USA Inc produced Paper Jamz products wrongfully copy Gibson’s famous guitars, the LES PAUL, FLYING V, EXPLORER and SG. Gibson states that they intend to remain aggressive in protecting such trademarks, as it relates to its guitar shapes and designs and that it is of the highest priority to protect a consumer’s right to purchase an authentic Gibson guitar, regardless of the form.

The granted injunction indicates that Gibson Guitar Corp. would be irreparably harmed by the continued sale of the products and requires retailers to remove all included Paper Jamz models from their shelves immediately.

Gibson Guitar Corporation, founded in 1994 and Incorporated in 1902, is headquartered in Nashville, TN. It is the leading maker of acoustic and electric guitars. For more information about its products, please visit gibson.com.

It's really pick and choose who the big corps go after, and it's going to be the high value targets for licensing.

...because Paper Jamz was using photographs of Gibson's products.

Just got notice that I'm in as well. Oh man I'm so excited.

Oxblood opaque top, dark natural sides/back. Crowns. Bound neck. Grovers.

I have always dreamed of this spec for a Standard. Never seen an oxblood Hamer of any model.

You know, there's one in every group.

Kiz spots the BuzzKill

To be fair you have a point. I can only guess part of the argument is that Hamer no longer exist (and we're closed by Fender - you don't do this to a successful brand), and another being that the guitars will be subtly different.

Archived