Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

Ooh! I love the one on the bottom right. Very nice!

Time for the entire system to go full circle. We have our fill of cloned unsold cheap, compromised guitars to last til Armageddon. As a small business owner, I am very happy to see this, especially someone from Hamer.

I played a 3 string electric guitar that a neighbor build made from an old cigar box, a drain, a threaded bolt for strings and a good neck that got my creative forces flowing more that 90% of the guitars hanging in our local guitar stores.

Bummer. Went to go fill out a request quote for my custom order and it states it's temporarily closed. :(

Yep. Mike is focusing on finishing up some shop stuff and getting started on the first run. A little patience will go a long way...

I like a good clown movie (the more sinister the better), but I'd never own a clownburst guitar. No talent in the spray booth is my first thought.

I like this guys post from MLP:

Spraying a good 'burst is hard, but it's really easy to do a bad one. "Fine line", indeed.

With regards to the finish choices at Shishkov, what should I order to get one that looks like this:

hamer.jpg

"Late 50's" sunburst? It seems darker at the edge to me than a typical '59 burst and not as dark as a jazzburst...

Ooooooo! Ladies and gentlemen, a contender! Love that 'burst!

Where are you seeing that?

It's just regular old fingerboard binding.

I don't want to bug Mike, so I'll ask here...will there be any possibilities of things like Monacos or Newports, or are those more in the realm of expensive CNC and such?

Please don't answer this question in any way that makes me consider ordering something.

It was a real question!

I don't want to bug Mike, so I'll ask here...will there be any possibilities of things like Monacos or Newports, or are those more in the realm of expensive CNC and such? Please don't answer this question in any way that makes me consider ordering something.

It was a real question!

Since Mike had so much do do with the Newport's design, I'm curious to see what an original will look like.

I'd send Mike the photo and ask him to match it. 1 photo equals 1,000 arbitrary burst names.

That's a beautiful choice BTW.

Thanks!

And thanks for the solid advice. I figured I'd send him that pic, but didn't know if there was also a secret-handshake name for like-a-59-burst-but-in-no-way-shape-or-form-to-end-up-as-a-clown-burst. ;)

I get the impression that someone else may be doing the finishes for Mike on these, but he could likely get your idea across to the paint guy.

I would really like to know how the headstocks (especially for Bass) will look like. Will they look like the Hamers (although being a bit risky from the legal side)? Will the Shishkov logo stay as it is (using the Hamer font)? And will there be a stadium sized logo?

HRR

A lot of those questions are not appropriately answered at this time, and speculation doesn't help right now. Give Mike a little breathing room - he'll have plenty of answers once he finalizes some designs, prototypes and finishes the first builds.

Archived