Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Introducing Shishkov Guitars, USA

cmatthes

I would really like to know how the headstocks (especially for Bass) will look like. Will they look like the Hamers (although being a bit risky from the legal side)? Will the Shishkov logo stay as it is (using the Hamer font)? And will there be a stadium sized logo?

HRR

4-digit style headstock had been announced in the beginning I think.

I would really like to know how the headstocks (especially for Bass) will look like. Will they look like the Hamers (although being a bit risky from the legal side)? Will the Shishkov logo stay as it is (using the Hamer font)? And will there be a stadium sized logo?

HRR

And from the logo on the website and banner ad, looks like it will be Bookman Bold Italic (with swashes) for the logo. An off-the-shelf font with a nice historic tie to Hamer. I think going with any hockey-stick headstock, no matter the exact proportions, is not too legally risky. Loads of builders had used this general shape and continue to do so.

There are some questions - and I'm just speaking in generalities, here - which should be asked in a more private manner than on a public message board.

I'm sitting here a little annoyed at myself for assuming that was common knowledge.

HRR - these are all questions Mike will answer when he actually has such things decided. It is simply not appropriate to put the cart before the horse. Right now, although he plans to build basses eventually if he gets an actual order and once he has opened up for those orders, asking such questions at this early stage probably can't be answered. As has been said before, let's give him some room and time to consider what designs he will be doing. On a custom basis, it's an extremely wide canvas...please try to remember, Mike isn't building Hamers - he will be building Shishkov Guitars.

Regarding the logo, Polara is right on - I can think of a half dozen guitar companies that have used that exact font over the last few decades, and still see it all the time on signs and other business logos.

[/speculation] [burst discussion!]

A possibility occurred to me that hadn't prior. With appropriate permissions, what about BCR Burst? :wub:

BCRBurstArtistCustom.jpg

Hamer offered that as a finish option once they did away with dealer exclusive finishes well over a decade ago.

This is great news!! I will wait for things to settle down and let Mike do what he does best on the initial run and then check on a custom order myself. Bummer on the Boomerangs, but I understand the trademark thingy. I am definitely going 1 Hum, short scale, 22 fret something. Congrats Mike.

Happy 4th to ALL! I hope it has been an awesome and safe one for everybody.

We were very fortunate to be able to enjoy another awesome 4th of July. Many of the incredible things about this awesome country, the fantastic people, the friends, THE best BBQ in the USA less than 30 minutes away, tons of other food and great beer - and shitloads of big-time fireworks. I mean shitloads, much of it commercial - the last 24 hours have been like a war zone and getting louder as we speak. A great time with family and friends was had by all.

The last, but most important thing we celebrate on every 4th is our FREEDOM. The freedom to do most anything here and freedom of choice - including your choice of guitar manufacturer.

Yes, I'm talking about S H I S H K O V G U I T A R S.

So the other kick ass thing that happened today was that I was able to make my first deposit on my Shishkov Ultimate - I am completely stoked about this guitar build. No pressure here Mike, but after having my second daughter a month ago, this will probably be MY LAST new guitar purchase EVER, since I'll be so damn broke I won't be able to pay attention!

All joking aside, this is an incredible opportunity and I am a very BLESSED and HAPPY man - and for that I am quite grateful.

Let the sawdust fly ~ Happy 4th of July!

I noticed the www.shishkovguitars.com site is down... just a heads up if that's not intentional. I'm getting this:

Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Cannot redeclare class queryconditioninterface in /home/hikarate/public_html/shishkovguitars.com/drupal/includes/database/database.inc on line 1777

The Shishkov Guitars site got moved to a new server by the host yesterday. It is supposed to be much higher performing, etc., but took the site down temporarily. It should be up and fully running by now.

Archived