Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shishkov question(s)

Citrus

I'm going back to the Booties thread.

Less speculation and immediate availability. ;):D

As Tom Petty wrote in his song: The Waiting is the hardest part.

I hope he is a wizard and that no one want to burn him, whatever the newt....still hearing the coconut in the furrrrther valley of sorrows and the noise of the irrrrron weapon around. Love it :)

What'in thunderin ternation is a "coconut in the furrrrther valley of sorrows and the noise of the irrrrron weapon "?

Dag nabit Muskee, we needs a new thread.

Very exciting week at the Shishkov Shop. Electrician was here and powered everything up. My wife is going to kill me when she sees the next electric bill. Curly maple tops are on the way. will post some pics when they come in. Logos came in from a very good friend of ours who has been making logos for my brother for a long time. Holy crap does it take a long time to get a hold of some suppliers. 017_zps5fc2795e.jpg

I really miss my scmi pin router, but this is my new friend that I am going to get to know very well.

015_zps108d121b.jpg

a mahogany block from my special stash, but a whole lot more is on the way.

018_zpsaa3d186e.jpg

Spindle sander is ready to go!

020_zps659fb391.jpg

Oh yeah, and the logos

More updates to come shortly. Have a great 4th of July weekend and thanks for your support!

Y'know, that font works better caps and lower case than HAMER ALL CAPS... but still looks kind of comforting. An auspicious start! Thanks for sharing photos.

Very exciting week at the Shishkov Shop. Electrician was here and powered everything up. My wife is going to kill me when she sees the next electric bill. Curly maple tops are on the way. will post some pics when they come in. Logos came in from a very good friend of ours who has been making logos for my brother for a long time. Holy crap does it take a long time to get a hold of some suppliers. 017_zps5fc2795e.jpg

I really miss my scmi pin router, but this is my new friend that I am going to get to know very well.

015_zps108d121b.jpg

018_zpsaa3d186e.jpg

Spindle sander is ready to go!

020_zps659fb391.jpg

Oh yeah, and the logos

More updates to come shortly. Have a great 4th of July weekend and thanks for your support!

Thanks for the pics and updates!

Have a Great 4th. of July!

I'm sure Mike has received many quote requests, but how many deposits? If there was so much real demand, Hamer would have produced more than three guitars their last year. I think Mike is going to producing a hundred quotes for every five orders intially. Which is exactly why many custom builders eventually go to a few tried and true models, offer some variation to create the illusion of "custom", but in reality cut down on wasted time resolving every unrealistic daydream.

Hamer did produce more than three guitars during its last year. Several times that I believe-remember that Hamer closed down in 2012.

Still not many but the recession was not kind to pricey guitar companies. Couple that with a parent company/owner who isn't interested in propelling the brand forward and there you have it. Hamer priced themselves out of their sustainable market IMHO. I ordered five customs between 2000 and the first 1/2 of 2003 before their pricing got out of hand-especially for off-the-rack models that weren't really exciting me.

I heard that Shishkovs reverse thinning hair.

And that a Shishkov rescued a baby from a house fire.

One time, this Shishkov saw a guy trying to steal a lady's purse and was like BOOM, dude. And that was IT!

And they smell nice and if you're like stuck on a desert island you can eat them and they taste like candied cherries.

( Just trying to keep the speculation interesting )

I heard that when other brands rock, rocks Shishkov.

Shishkov is then the Chuck Norris of guitar builders? :)

Now we can start inventing jokes!

I hope you guys will like at least some of these I just created:

When Shishkov is building a guitar, God just shuts up and watches.

The only guitar that won't play itself in front of Chuck Norris is a Shishkov.

All the dead guitarists in heaven are begging God to rush the Judgement Day, so they can resuscitate ASAP in order to place a Shishkov CO.

Guitarists finger better... right after playing a Shishkov!

Thanks for the pics and update Mike! Cannot wait for my Ultimate...when you guys see it, you'll understand my excitement.....

Ya know, a quick run of t-shirts would sell out around here. A few hundred bucks is another tool in the shop...

In for a shirt, if they happen. Not to speculate....

Like I said earlier...WAY ahead of ya there! ;)

We just need to get the spokesmodel to get a shot with it!

Happy 4th of July.

Independence (from Fender) day ?

Oh! Can we fake Shishkov announced his new business today? Please, please, please, PLEASE!? :lol:

Ooh, so who'd you decide on: Serial or Jol? ;)

oh i would love to see TWINS on that ad!!!!! :P

You know what? This is a continuation, but also a new beginning, a new lease on quality, passion of building guitars, this is starting all over again with maybe new models, who knows...so...i was wondering if it could be a good idea to have children, and adolescents ( i was thinking the kid that won a Hamer some time ago), musician children and young people. It will be completely different, and new, and attention grabbing...just an idea...

I like also a seasoned player passing a guitar to a new player...it will widens the buyers pool...

of course, we can also go mainstream..but if you're gonna put there a silicon bimbo like in Guitar One, put one that knows how to grab the guitar and knows at least one power chord.... :P

Chris,

like I told you before I am already in CT but my time is limited, be patient :D

ArnieZ

015_zps108d121b.jpg

Beautiful! Almost a shame to chamber such a beautiful chunk of wood!

020_zps659fb391.jpg

Oh yeah, and the logos

The logos are fantastic. Just the right amount of what I'd call "heritage reference," but plenty different to avoid being derivative. Can't wait for a T-shirt!

Archived