Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Trans Black Talladega

It looks great....but....how much cooler would it look with an ebony board. Call me crazy, but when I see a black guitar, I want to see either an ebony or maple board. If it had either this would already be mine! :blink: Still a wicked guitar for sure

I use to own that one, real nice . (near mint when i sold it- he is using my photo's ) The trans black is a good looking finish.

Do you mind saying what you sold it for. I have no quibbles about rosewood. I'm not too fond of those tuning pegs, are those stock? I'm just wondering what it's worth?

Thank god its a black back or I would be in financial trouble. I can't say why, and I know its irrational, but I hate black back guitars., regardless of how pretty the front may be.

I guess snooze you loose. I just got a call from a guy from down south who wanted the serial number off my Les Paul. He said he's calling the Les Paul Factory tomorrow and if the serial number pans out he is going to buy it. I really need to sell that Les Paul. I'm still somewhat interested though. However I don't know why I'd want another ugly black Hamer

DSC01315.jpg

Seriously the transparent gray is not bad. But the back is solid black. I also own a Black Ovation Legend. Solid black shows every little scratch and imperfection. The transparent gray part is real nice even with a rosewood finger board.

Pics usually don't justice. Trans black in real looks much better than usually expected. Those are hard to photograph.

Congrats to one of the finest guitars ever made! B)

KICK-ASS. Bought and headed my way Monday.

OK, so I know ib2010 bought this from Edrock.

Edrock - did you buy this new or has this Talladega made the HFC rounds!

Regardless, I am pumped.

Awesome, congrats! Looking forward to the tone report.

I almost sold my EM Tally a while ago. Fortunately no one bought it before I came to my senses. I put a set of Throbaks in and it has become one of my favorite guitars. It is definitely safe from elimination.

The black Talladega arrived right before noon today while I was at work - my wonderful wife signed for it and wisked inside to acclimate some before opening it. It hit 103 degrees here today.

I just got it open about thirty minutes ago - and YES it is beautiful ~ REALLY damn nice. Its too late to play tonight. I'll report more details and photos tomorrow night.

Archived