Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's your favorite one-hit wonder?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arthur Brown Fire. Think he had one hit, but he too many to count.

Although The Church had earlier and later charting songs in the UK and Australia, it was just one in the USA, and one so good that they remain in my top 3 favorite bands all time. The only three bands that I immediately starting back cataloging, and all three fortunately had a good back catalog to hold me over until the next album.

Spirit of the Radio, Under the Milky Way and Black No.1 were just smarter music than their peers when I first heard them.

Got to be 4 non blondes' "What's Up!"

Everybody loves that song but nobody seems to know any other song from them. Talk about being one (huge) hit wonder!

ETA the clip:

Everybody loves that song but nobody seems to know any other song from them. Talk about being one (huge) hit wonder!

Surprisingly (to me at least), I really like that whole album. There are actually maybe three other songs I'd have selected over What's Up? to be the single.

Although The Church had earlier and later charting songs in the UK and Australia, it was just one in the USA, and one so good that they remain in my top 3 favorite bands all time. The only three bands that I immediately starting back cataloging, and all three fortunately had a good back catalog to hold me over until the next album.

Spirit of the Radio, Under the Milky Way and Black No.1 were just smarter music than their peers when I first heard them.

am just sayin, their best song (and I'm not a huge church fan but I do love this song) unguarded moment, made a minor blip but should have been bigger than it was

my vote, in keeping with the Australia thing, the stars were aligned for this tune, pop perfection that jumped out of the speakers

The Divinyls I touch myself Christine RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

Surprisingly (to me at least), I really like that whole album. There are actually maybe three other songs I'd have selected over What's Up? to be the single.

OK, then I'll go with "In a Gada Da Vida", from Iron Butterfly. Not sure however if that's a hit, but I love it as a proto-doom or proto-stoner song anyway:

am just sayin, their best song (and I'm not a huge church fan but I do love this song) unguarded moment, made a minor blip but should have been bigger than it was

my vote, in keeping with the Australia thing, the stars were aligned for this tune, pop perfection that jumped out of the speakers

The Divinyls I touch myself Christine RIP.

It wasn't until the net that I discovered that Unguarded Moment was a decent hit for them in 2 markets, I believe off the their first album. All of my favorite bands have 3 things in common, I liked everything they wrote, they had at least one song that blew my mind and the lead singer is also the bass player for some reason. Geddy Lee, Peter Steele and Steve Kilbey.

Not exactly a one hit wonder, and it would certainly not be my favorite, but I have been looking for a reason to post this video.

The crazy Bananarama chick I always wanted to spend quality time with appears to be nuts here.

Still, Marcella pulling off these vocals live is a very impressive display, and it's a great song.

Archived