Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Great tone. IMO, Brad Gillis had the best live tone of any Ozzie guitarist.

Your guitar sounds like Alder, definitely not Mahogany which is more piercing and dynamic. Nice smooth sound for that song.

I have only known about Satsuma for a couple of years now, and I stumbled upon him when I decided I was finally going to learn Crazy Train correctly, start to finish (of course, I never actually did this).

The guy is a fantastic player. Be sure to check out his other videos. I revisited his channel today and clicked on this one and found it surprisingly fun to watch. "Night Ranger" is something I've never typed into YouTube's search box, but I think this was a cool find.

I like the Kill the king version he does..pretty good...thanks for sharing!!

i didn't know about him, he plays with such easiness...lots of fluidity!!!

he makes it look like a piece of cake!

"Night Ranger" is something I've never typed into YouTube's search box, but I think this was a cool find.

+1

Not a huge NR fan either but I have SERIOUS respect for Gillis' skills. He pretty much epitomizes a lot of what I wanted (and still want) to do on guitar.

The only NR song I ever really loved. It fascinated me. I have intentionally never learned to play it cause when you learn it, a little bit of the magic goes away....

"Night Ranger" is something I've never typed into YouTube's search box...

That phrase highlights exactly what is what is wrong with society today.

Jack Rawking the Bjg Ass Hamer Bass at the Taylor show...

Guy in between the two could be a roadie, or a typical guitarist with his arms crossed thinking he could play it better, or both!

Nice rhythm parts and solo! I remember when I first heard that solo and said WTF!

plus one on the only NR song i ever liked (i want to like them, but just too pop for me... but amazing players).

we are learning this tune in wizard sleeves for the next gig, 8-22 in hight point nc, then 9-11 in gastonia (next to charlotte).

i lucked out because stike doesn't play floyds, so HE got stuck w/ the impossible watson solo, ha.

Even among the NR cast and crew when this tune was hot, it was referred to as "Don't Tell Me I'm Ugly".

i always sang "don't tell me you're pregnant", ha

plus one on the only NR song i ever liked (i want to like them, but just too pop for me... but amazing players).

we are learning this tune in wizard sleeves for the next gig, 8-22 in hight point nc, then 9-11 in gastonia (next to charlotte).

i lucked out because stike doesn't play floyds, so HE got stuck w/ the impossible watson solo, ha.

+1

Ya know, I was just contemplating putting this and You Can Still Rock in America in front of the band as a set list addition considerations but got to thinking; I'm the Floyd Whore in our merry little band of miscreants, and the other guitar player is more of a meat and potatoes, Slash-style player (though he does have 2 axes w/ Floyds) so, I'm not really sure who could do Watson's parts. Not even sure if I could even get close. :P

watson does it w/ speed picking, but there's a way to tap it;

plus i'm the type of lazy player who will just fake something close to the record, nobody cares. rawk owt.

Archived