Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Update from the Shishkov Shop

Northfield

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the other hand a custom order may be on the cards next.

Might be a while on that custom build, Rich. Mike's likely got plenty on his plate with two runs of the Ultimate and his website currently isn't allowing any submissions for custom orders. Trust me, I have my custom order spec-ed out and ready to go. The minute he starts accepting custom orders again, I'll be at the front of the line, waiting. :D

It'll still be less time than waiting for a custom Jackson...

;):D

Touche.

But if the wait time truly was an issue, I wouldn't have ordered one. As sad as it sounds, I can rationalize ordering a custom ax because I play in band that gigs out. Once this band dissolves, I don't see starting another and thus, my rationale for explaining away a custom ax to myself (and my wife :rolleyes: ) dissolves. I know the custom Jackson will be here in time for at least a few gigs. A custom Shishkov? Not so sure. :P

Wait. Does that mean you are not going to be part of the Shishkov Fan Club Jam Band? :huh:

There's certainly that possibility, especially considering I am unaware of any such band :P

It's wait and see. Hopefully, my band will stay together long enough to validate ordering a Shishkov. If not, I will be scrambling to devise another reason to order one. ;) Sadly, this might involve selling off a number of the current herd. In this market, that's enough to make any seller cry. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates before the long weekend? :)

Ultimate necks are in the works! 40 blanks are rough cut and resting comfortably. I want to make sure they have as much time as possible to acclimate. 014_zpsb70c7172.jpg I could use pre-slotted fingerboards, but I prefer to slot them myself to make sure they are perfect. 092_zps4560b3f4.jpg There has been a lot of time spent getting things set up, but the sawdust is flying now. I am very excited about partnering with Josh on the custom pickups - they are going to rock! More to come soon!

Thank you Mike!

Love to see the progress and it's looking very good!

Still trying to figure out how to get my Ultimate in the house. Haven't shared the news with wifey yet. So, love the updates, but they are also reminders that I have to figure that out. Ha!

Happy Labour Day Weekend (Labor, for you Yanks).

I love streaked rosewood.

I love streaked and figured rosewood too...very much. But I have never had a guitar with an ebony board, so the Ultimate will have it.

Ha! Good to know, but that's probably not an option I'm willing to exercise. I'll make it work.

Archived