Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS 1976 Standard

Feeling a bit loopy, so we'll see how this goes before I come to my senses...

Standard #0017 from 1976. VERY early example of four digit art. All original according to the original owner who filled me in on the details when I bought it from the guy he sold it to two months earlier (who had to sell it to start a magazine). All original except for the frets, which were done in 1978 (it's inscribed in the control cavity). The original owner wanted larger frets. This thing is CLEAN. No checking or anything. One small hole in the headstock from a string tree removed years ago. Original hardshell case with 1976 Winter Brothers Tour tag on the handle and Pastore Music sticker.

Had a few inquiries about this one of late, and figured this would be the one they'd bury me with, but then another part of me thought 'maybe?'.

image_zpse6ae8f2b.jpg

Will be taking a lot more photos and posting over the next few days, but wanted to get a flavor for what interest there might be in this one. Not sure how to price it, so I'll toss out $10.5k plus one of a few guitars in partial trade (vintage USA Mockingbird or Bich w/ adjustment to price according to the guitar; 77-81 sunburst (not cherry sb!) LP, Custom Shop single pickup LP...I don't know-hit me with ideas!). This is less than some of the offers I've received in the past, actually.

Yes, this is the cover girl from "the Book" and is featured in there several times. The cleanest old Standard I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few.

image_zpsf55db898.jpg

image_zps18e63a49.jpg

You are an idiot.

The entire HFC Community just pee'd a little. Kinda like when a puppy gets overly excited.

Cheers!

caddie

Next add we'll see from some around: "FS: ALL MY GUITARS!" :)

You are an idiot.

My brothers and I have a term of endearment when we do something or say something that brings us to such bonding moments - "dumbass." I have passed this on to my sons as well. I am not suggesting Not Steve and Serial should espouse the "Hamerican Way" however, Serial, I think you are going to regret this one.

GLWTS but don't do it!

Hamerica

LOTS of interest on this one. I'm committed to responding to everyone over the next few days. Weather here is kinda crap this weekend, but will try to get as many shots as I can. Sale will not be rushed, mostly because I'm slammed at work and at home at the moment, but just because you haven't heard doesn't mean I'm going to get in touch with you!

Archived