Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS 1976 Standard

Page two and nobody's offered three-fifty yet?

Three-fifty hell!

I'd like to be able to offer 10 times that amount.

But, I'd still be 2 turds short.

Maybe you could just build a shrine and charge admission!

LOTS of interest on this one. I'm committed to responding to everyone over the next few days. Weather here is kinda crap this weekend, but will try to get as many shots as I can. Sale will not be rushed, mostly because I'm slammed at work and at home at the moment, but just because you haven't heard doesn't mean I'm going to get in touch with you!

"Slammed at work AND at home at the moment." What were you thinking? "Not enough time in the day. Hmmm, I'll put #0017 up for sale, that oughta clean up my to do list." Ya know what, as soon as 0017 sells, ships, and you get the money how bout we use your new found extra time to go to work on some shovel ready projects. Like my basement!

Don't wanna waste your extra time. :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers!

caddie

Wherever it goes it needs to be played. You should contact Rick Neilsen or Brad Whitford and see if they are interested if it doesn't sell here.

But really, you should keep it and play it yourself. You will likely regret selling it.

That is one of the most beautiful Standards Ever!

And I don't like Sunburst.

I never, ever thought I'd see you sell that.

I wish I had the money to grab it.

You guys are nuts. He's just selling a guitar.

You guys are nuts. He's just selling a THE guitar.

Fixed

Ok, so arguably the biggest Hamer fan ever, who co-wrote a book on Hamers. and chose that particular guitar for the cover because it best represents the brand of which he is #1 fan, creator/keeper of the archives, daily poster to the HFC for what, 15+ years? is going to sell the best example of the Hamer brand currently in possession of mortal man.

Makes sense. There must be other heirlooms in the family.

I hope that comes with a free signed copy of "The Ultimate" book. ;)

#0017, actually!

OK, I've had a few hours for my brain to percolate on this sheer "Standard" madness - so I'll play. For the record, I still DO NOT get it AT ALL, but my head has stopped spinning just enough for me to throw my three and a half cents worth in the hat (that's one percent of three-fiddy). B)

Since you are now shamelessly riding the conductor of the HFC crazy train, why don't you just go fully kookoo for Cocoa Puffs and make this the granddaddy of all HFC guitar raffles?!?

Limited to forum members with more than 100 posts - or whatever, by selling just 30 tickets at the obligatory HFC $350.00 would net you the $10,500.00 you are seeking for this, "Holy Grail" of the Hamer Standard world. Or you could even bump it up five more to 40 total tickets, in order to raise some cash for the forum or the save the endangered, black footed snail fund ~ whatever makes your tubes glow.

In my humbly worthless opinion, when you've admittedly gone this far off the reservation - and its clear to all of us you have - you can about get away with pretty much anything now and no one can utter a word ( Except your brother, who can always dispense a beatdown without cause or justification).

And they called it . . . . . . "The HFC Ultimate, Three-Fiddy Guitar Raffle".

By the way, I have a variety of Casio keyboards from the 80's that were returned or traded in at the local store, dozens Slammer by Hamer basses (some need neck shims, but that is no problem), 20 or so JB Player Strat copies (most have strings although some have been slightly parted out), rack gear that needs repairs (probably just fuses because no sound comes out, nothing major), and dozens of highly collectible guitar ads clipped from vintage magazines that could all be sold for $10,500 that will am willing to trade for your Standard so you are ensured to get the full value.

Archived