Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS 1976 Standard

The price is not $10,500 though. It's cash plus a guitar...

;P

The biggest thing I'm wrestling with is shipping this one. It would certainly be better all around (and a LOT cheaper) to avoid shipping if possible, although I'm certainly able to ship.

Taking into account the guitars wanted above the 10.5K, I'd say the price is 14K to 15K. I know I wouldn't part with my '81 Koa Mock for less than 4K.

Worth every penny, IMHO. This is like the Brock Burst.

Taking into account the guitars wanted above the 10.5K, I'd say the price is 14K to 15K. I know I wouldn't part with my '81 Koa Mock for less than 4K.

Worth every penny, IMHO. This is like the Brock Burst.

I know of two 1pickup LPs for sale (on TGP by an HFC member actually) in the $2500 range. Wasn't looking for a koa BCR necessarily-I know the market on those!!

Has to be one of the earliest, if not THE earliest, Hamer Standard that did not go on tour in the 70s, yes? Seems like all the others I have read about from this era were all purchased by touring guitarists. Obviously this is pure conjecture on my part, and the OP would know for sure, but my guess is that she would be the cleanest existing pre 1978 Hamer Standard. If I were buying the Hamer brand from FMIC, I would put this guitar in the shop as a symbol of our production goal and of the history of the brand. Maybe someone should take some measurements and make some tracings before she is sold? She is "the Ultimate" after all. Doesn't get better than this one.

Shipping it could be a potential disaster, as most shippers do not offer that amount of insurance. Businesses have the added benefit of their business insurance to cover any losses above the carrier's $1,000 limit. This has to be a cash in hand, no Paypal, transaction, to eliminate the aforementioned risks.

Shipping it could be a potential disaster, as most shippers do not offer that amount of insurance. Businesses have the added benefit of their business insurance to cover any losses above the carrier's $1,000 limit. This has to be a cash in hand, no Paypal, transaction, to eliminate the aforementioned risks.

I think it's worth a drive to Steve to get it.

And you just can't risk shipping it.

Too valuable historically.

This has to be a cash in hand, no Paypal, transaction, to eliminate the aforementioned risks.

Well that takes me out. Too far to walk. :(

Talking to a few people and nobody has to walk. Most of the people most interested are out of the USA, so walking would be, well, impractical.

This has to be a cash in hand, no Paypal, transaction, to eliminate the aforementioned risks.

Well that takes me out. Too far to walk. :(

Talking to a few people and nobody has to walk. Most of the people most interested are out of the USA, so walking would be, well, impractical.

Shucks Serial, You took away my excuse.

I must come out of the closet.......I don't have 10 grand or a nice guitar to trade.

But I'll always have the picture on the front of The Book! :D

For an instrument of this calibre, you buy a plane ticket and hand-carry it home with you. NO WAY do you drop-it-off at FEDEX and cross your fingers.

I suspect the kicker is the "cash-plus-a-rare/vintage-guitar" - there are some folks who can, and will, write that check. I doubt they'll have the exact rare/vintage guitar on-hand to close the deal, IMHO, unless they go-out and find what the OP is looking-for and purchase it with the expressed purpose of closing the deal with the OP. Kinda like taking cash and a new Porsche for a vintage Ferrari - most folks would look at that deal and go "WHY, has he not been in the garage lately?" If the keys to a vintage Ferrari don't motivate you on a sunny sunday afternoon, what makes you think the keys to a new Porsche will? The logic isn't there....its "change" for change's sake.

Mr. Logic...he's a pain in the arse.

mrlogic1.jpg

Since when exactly does logic factor into guitar buying/selling? :D

What logic drives one person has no relation whatsoever on what another person, using their own opinions or beliefs and having not the slightest inkling as to what motivates the former, might think.

I might very well get more enjoyment from a new Porsche than a vintage Ferrari. Why is that for anyone else to question?

And I would never use FedEx!

Wherever the discussion goes. The guitar looks magic!

While we're straying off topic, I'd always prefer a Porsche over a Ferrari. You can actually drive a Porsche in the real world. A Ferrari is totally neutered. Don't have either, but maybe someday that Porsche will come along. I'd probably still drive that Ferrari though... ;)

While we're straying off topic, I'd always prefer a Porsche over a Ferrari. You can actually drive a Porsche in the real world. A Ferrari is totally neutered. Don't have either, but maybe someday that Porsche will come along. I'd probably still drive that Ferrari though... ;)

I was going to say something similar...the Porsche really can be used as a daily driver and be reliable and last forever with very little maintenance compared to a Ferrari.

A Ferrari V12 going through a tunnel, though......mmmmmmmmm!

Back on topic.....

That's a nice guitar but I'm out way out. If I owned it I'd be afraid to play it and it would sit in the case. I just sold another Artist Custom this year and have another one left that's mint. My guitars need to have a few flaws or blemishes so I'm not worried about dinging them when I play. I picked up an American Ash 8502 Tele for cheap that dropped on the pavement. Those are the kind of guitars I prefer.

Archived