Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD: 2008 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar

SOLD!

20140627_111332_zpsec0e8205.jpg

(see all pictures at http://smg.photobucket.com/user/atquinn1975/library/2008%20PRS%20Custom%2022%20Soapbar?sort=3&page=1 )

Selling yet another CU22 Soapbar. This is one of the limited reissues; it differs from the originals in that the neck is mahogany, not maple (which makes the reissue sound better IMO). 10-Top, in excellent condition with no fret wear, just a light scratch on the back and a light ding on the underside. Will ship with the original case, also in excellent condition.

Yours for $1600 PayPal'd and shipped. Thanks for looking.

-

Austin

Nice! I like the black.

I assume these come with the "standard" Duncan pickups(?)

GLWS.

Wow. That's spectacular!

Reminds me of the KL380 I fell in love with at GC a few years back. With the volume knob on around 7.5 it was a spectacular (if somewhat beefy) Strat, then you had all these other possibilities beyond that.

Please don't tell me it has the wide/fat neck!

I've only seen one CU22 Soapbar with a W/F neck; it was an Artist Relations guitar from the original run (I owned it briefly). This has a Regular D neck. It basically feel like a DGT neck without the jumbo frets.

-

Austin

This has a Regular D neck. It basically feel like a DGT neck without the jumbo frets.

-

Austin

The Regular D neck is exactly what was on the KL380 - it was sublime!

This is officially killin' me! :D

^^

Ditto. Somebody needs to buy it now and then sell it to me in a year or two. :D :D

I wonder what the tone difference is between CU22 and the Hamer Monaco III. Is the CU22 the standard PRS 25" scale? I was snooping around your photobucket site a week ago. You own and have owned some nice guitars.

I wonder what the tone difference is between CU22 and the Hamer Monaco III. Is the CU22 the standard PRS 25" scale? I was snooping around your photobucket site a week ago. You own and have owned some nice guitars.

The CU22 Soapy is the standard 25" scale. I'm sure I'd like a Monaco III less because it's not solid and has a Bigsby, but those are the same reason other folks might like it more. And yes, my Photobucket site is a truly shameful record of my exploits :D

-

Austin

The Soapbar22, DGT and CU22/12 are the only PRS guitars I've been stirred by in the last 15+ years - and I LIKE PRS guitars. I am in the factory at least once or twice a year, and am always checking things out, but those are the only ones that I'd consider buying because they're just so damned nice.

I need to stop clicking on this thread.

The Soapbar22, DGT and CU22/12 are the only PRS guitars I've been stirred by in the last 15+ years - and I LIKE PRS guitars. I am in the factory at least once or twice a year, and am always checking things out, but those are the only ones that I'd consider buying because they're just so damned nice.

I need to stop clicking on this thread.

That KL380 continues to haunt me - it was exactly right in so many ways. To have that configuration and the beautiful top on this one... it's just too much and I likewise need to stop clicking on this thread.

I've pared down where I just don't have any 'extra' guitars to let go to fund this.

Still, this is so tempting!

Archived