Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD: 2008 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar

Some of us are Shishkov-poor at the moment... and gladly so! :D

I'm really struggling with this one. More than anything on the Board in a long time.

Lately I've been playing my old beat up Cruisebass and telling myself I could let my super clean P-Bass go to fund this. Crazy talk, but it's really starting to make sense.

The only other play I've got is to sell my Strat, but it took fahevah to find a VHRRI in Sherwood Green!

Struggling! Yes, struggling!

I keep finding cool P90 equipped guitars, and i ain't even looking for them. The GAS daemon knows my soft spot, and he's kickin' hard....

My way of saying - sweet guitar.

Someone is going to be very happy with this one....

The only other play I've got...

You could always just increase by one the number of guitars you allow yourself to have.

Just spend, don't analyze. You're in no danger of turning into Nathan.

I don't have many guitars at all and I really REALLY like what I have.

Kiz Senior - what can be said? After a pickup and cap change it's like magic. Exactly what I wanted when I sold the tiny-necked '80 Special.

VHRRI Strat - took me a solid year to find one in next to unplayed condition in Sherwood green. Neck is an inch thick from nut to 12th fret in a perfectly shaped C. A most comfortable guitar to play (you know, you had a white one!).

Gibson Howard Roberts - I've had it now over 20 years and with the Lollars and trapeze tailpiece it's just right. Plays so easily I feel like I'm cheating every time I pick it up.

That's it except for two basses - the battered but oh-so-comfortable '82 Cruisebass I picked up last year and the as-unplayed '97 Deluxe P I've had since my bass odyssey began four years ago.

The Senior really has turned out brilliantly. I don't think anyone would be willing to pay the sentimental premium I'd need for Howard (my daughter's favorite of any I've ever had). No way is the Cruisebass going anywhere for the pittance I have in it. Hence, my only play would be either the Strat or the P-Bass...

ETA: it must not be forgotten I am gladly and proudly on the hook for the second installment of a Shishkov Ultimate! :D

The only other play I've got...

You could always just increase by one the number of guitars you allow yourself to have.

Just spend, don't analyze. You're in no danger of turning into Nathan.

I am wounded!

...or flattered. I'm not completely sure.

No, wait: wounded.

No wounds until that becomes a sig line! :D

It is, STILL, so tempting.....And a great rice, IMO. I just have too many Soapbars.......I would be in deep trouble if I brought home 3 more.

Now I am wounded. If only Brent had bought it. Then at least I'd have another chance in a few weeks.

Nathan is like the Island of Misfit Toys only without the "Misfit" part. ;)

Congratulations!

I sense a disturbance in the subject line...

PRS Convert
Hamer Geek

Yamahalic
Westone nerd
Alvarez dweeb
Jon Kammerer Guitars fan

Well, I'm down to my last Alvarez. Still think they are good deals, and some are completely unique, like the Scoops. Mine is just a Dana Custom (which is the Alvarez version of a Triple Coil), but it plays so nice, it is hard to consider selling. But it slowly falling behind the power curve in tone, so that line may be out of my sig block soon. Heck, I have 3 Deans, and still haven't added that line.

Still, I agree: the acquisition of a PRS may well be a seismic event in my ownership...

Nathan, I think you won't regret this. I don't own a lotta electric guitars. But I can pick up...

MotorAve no. 0004

A Giffin

A Hamer Studio Custom

my cheap but nice Fernandes Tele

...and I always pick up my PRS to actually gig.

To be honest, I'm slightly less than enthused about the transparent black. Wish it was a lighter color. In my (limited) experience, transparent black is usually only noticeable when you use a flash, and is usually too subtle to look as stunning in person.

I hope to be disabused of that notion soon.

But even if not, the tone, the neck, the birds...I'm confident it is worth more than Austin was asking for it.

transparent black is usually only noticeable when you use a flash, and is usually too subtle to look as stunning in person.

trans black is not always really dark - most it appears more gray!

• 3 months later...

To be honest, I'm slightly less than enthused about the transparent black. Wish it was a lighter color. In my (limited) experience, transparent black is usually only noticeable when you use a flash, and is usually too subtle to look as stunning in person.

I hope to be disabused of that notion soon.

But even if not, the tone, the neck, the birds...I'm confident it is worth more than Austin was asking for it.

I just put one up for sale in a lighter color, same guitar, same yerar, same neck , only in "Vintage Natural"......Check it out!

Nathan, I really think your going to love her. Plus, Austin only acquires excellent gear!

I think you missed my New Guitar Day announcement. My trepidation about the color was no longer an issue after it arrived. It looks great, plays great and sounds great. Just an awesome guitar all around.

Archived