Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I just Bought a Cruisebass Project!!! Need Help finding Control cover and other Parts!

I just bought this:

http://fresno.craigslist.org/msg/4573605878.html

I need help finding parts...

1982 Hamer Pots, Knobs, Pickups, Case, etc....

But the main thing I need is a control cavity cover or back plate.. whatever it is called..

I can slowly find whatever...

All help is Greatly appreciated!!! Think I'm gonna have Cremer Guitarworks in North Aurora, Illinois install new frets!!!!

Baz

773-two five nine-six 926

post-7755-0-12228000-1407203733_thumb.jp

If you're not too concerned with the pots being '82, BCR Greg has Hamer pots: 717.730.9775 (Same value/taper as in '82).

The good news is any of the triangular Hamer control cavity covers will work - they're all the same.

More good news: the OEM DiMarzios (unless it came with EMGs, in which case you don't need Hamer 500k pots) are still being produced P and J.

I'd like to find an original case, as well, but the last one that came up was more spendy than I was willing to go.

My '82 has black top hat knobs; those are pretty easy to find and very inexpensive.

You have a truss rod cover! If not for the gracious generosity of HFCer Crunchee, mine would be without. Very hard to locate those.

Thanks for the tips! But..I have NO Idea where to find a Triangular control cover... the brushed aluminum ones painted black.

Hey that's good to know... I wonder if he can make those in Brushed aluminum, not brushed plastic???

Hey that's good to know... I wonder if he can make those in Brushed aluminum, not brushed plastic???

Look to the right of the brushed plastic piece:

Rear Control Cavity Cover

Shown in Brushed Aluminum Anodized

$23.00

169.png
Edited to remove a bunch of hidden HTML coding brought over with a cut-and-paste. <_<
Edited to also add: Mitch, I didn't see your claim to fame last night on my tiny iPhone screen. Magnificent! Congratulations!
Edited a third time to add for Baz: Not Feynman (III)'s site. His remark was noting his custom-ordered truss rod cover displayed in the Custom Engraving section at the lower right of the page.

Do not worry about finding period correct parts if they do not magically appear soon. Just put in good electronics and make that bass stage ready. Play it! Play it! Play it!

At least you have the right bridge.

If you need a tracing of an original pickguard to have one made let me know.

Make sure there is no neck problem. Someone stripped that bass for a reason.

Is the '82 Cruisebass plate the same as a 90s Chaparral 8 &12 string bass back plate?

if so, I have one you can have. I just can't find it at the moment. GF keeps moving my stuff around....GRRRRR.

Someone confirm they are the same plates?

Bass plates were different in the 90s on some models. Longer and thinner.

Yes...Thanks fellas...I'll contact Frets on the Net after I get the bass tomorrow..

Bass should be arriving any time this afternoon.....Too bad you can't track the package... I'd be happy to just drive up to the driver and snag it from him....

It's pretty cool....Just need frets, pickups, pots, case ...and one chrome Schaller A string bass bridge saddle

Archived