Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

88265915_2649521688610289_61854106804813

Talk about a custer fluck!

Edited by django49
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I was at a house concert in Norfolk years ago and a singer-songwriter was playing. He used to pal around with Doc Watson and told a funny warm up story about him, Doc and a car on a dark lonely road at night. Later on he asked if anyone had any questions before he began playing and I asked who was driving.

He said "Doc was" without missing a beat then laughed. The audience looked at me like I was three day old stinking cod liver oil. He had to explain it to them.

Doc didn't have a driver's license.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Does it mean you've arrived at a certain state of zen when you can get to that magical place on just about any of your axes?

• Like 2

Hope y'all might enjoy this one if locked away temporarily! May we all, one day, find that magical instrument......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Six string bass players are incredible. I watched John Popper's bass player at a small venue in Norfolk a few years back. He effortlessly switched between an electric upright and a six string. He was so fluid. Quite amazing.