Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I still feel like The Faces are the band most people are thinking of when they're thinking of The Stones over the same period, and I don't mean that as pastiche. 

Such a killer rock and roll band. 

Totally agree! This is one my favorite to play and listen too. This is British Rock! Notice how Rod tells them to slow down and get a groove in the beginning.

Edited by Dutchman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A GUITAR MYSTERY SOLVED—Gene Vincent’s legendary guitarist Johnny Meeks and his triple-neck solidbody electric guitar “Why, you’re the first to ever ask me about that damn triple-neck guitar,” said the gentle South Carolina accent on the other end of the phone. The voice belonged to Johnny Meeks, a guitar player whose name is instantly recognizable to fans of legendary rockabilly star Gene Vincent. Johnny Meeks was Vincent’s second guitar player

image.png
  • Like 4

That group that never won a Grammy definitely made a connection with more people.  Having 50 years or more to do it helps a lot.  Not winning a Grammy or being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame means nothing.  Being a Grammy winner or Rock and Roll Hall of Fame means nothing.  Award programs are about making money for the promoter in the same way that a battle of the bands is not about the bands. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1