Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sold a guitar!  It was a Korean import Daytona, and it's going to a middle school-aged young man interested in learning to play.

I didn't want to create a Gone Guitar Day post, but I am a little proud of myself for making a baby step in reducing the overstock.  Maybe I can move another one or three as we transition to Christmas money/tax refund season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just now is the first time I think I ever saw a Guitar Center commercial on broadcast TV.  On the local NBC (no idea how to tell if it was a local buy or the network feed), during the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special, over the air.  I don't remember what else they pimped - it took me a moment to realize what was on the screen - but they advertised Ernie Ball guitar strings as great gift items.  How does this fit in with the declining guitar-interested demographic, I wonder?

Got the "Nice PRS" from somebody last night about my Shishkov.  Tried to give the elevator pitch on those two brands, but starting getting stuff like "Is it mahogany?  My PRS is mahogany."  Finally I was just like, "Yeah, I don't really care about PRS'."  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

Got the "Nice PRS" from somebody last night about my Shishkov.  Tried to give the elevator pitch on those two brands, but starting getting stuff like "Is it mahogany?  My PRS is mahogany."  Finally I was just like, "Yeah, I don't really care about PRS'."  

I'm surprised he could spell PRS if he couldn't read Shishkov on the headstock.  Any colorful figured wood top guitar that isn't an LP shape must be a PRS, I guess.

• Haha 1

Just now, mrjamiam said:

I'm surprised he could spell PRS if he couldn't read Shishkov on the headstock.  Any colorful figured wood top guitar that isn't an LP shape must be a PRS, I guess.

I shouldn't get short, but when I realize what I thought was going to be gear chat is really just going to be, "Let me tell you about my PRS,"  I, well, get short.   Oh well, at least it's just PRS these days.  The worst was when it was "Let me tell you about my PRS and my Triple Rec" back around 2002. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, LucSulla said:

That's when you say "This is the guitar PRS wishes it could build".

• Like 2