Hamer Fan Club Message Center
LucSulla

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

image.png

• Haha 2

Saw Corrosion of Conformity in Memphis last nigh.  Met Pepper and Mike because they were just hanging out and talking to folks before and after the show.  Even though it was a small venue, they seemed to be having a great time. 

I love it when bands are actually as cool as you hope they're going to be. 

Editing to Add that it's also cool you don't have to pay for a VIP ticket just to say thanks for the music and get a shirt signed. 

Edited by LucSulla
  • Like 5

I got two this morning:

1. The less I'm playing, the more I browse reverb.com

2. If I'm shopping for a piece of gear and I can't make a decision between the alternatives, it means I don't need it that badly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

2. If I'm shopping for a piece of gear and I can't make a decision between the alternatives, it means I don't need it that badly. 

This is soooo wrong. Everybody knows you buy one of each and sort it out later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, hamerhead said:

This is soooo wrong. Everybody knows you buy one of each and sort it out later.

,,, at which point you discover that each of them have their own unique keeper-worthy qualities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, maybe a Les Paul IS essential......

image.png

New marketing campaign?

• Confused 1

image.png

Rocky and Roll!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When considering my guitar playing progress through the filter of: your only competition should be with yourself, i.e.  bettering yourself, I'm doing pretty darn good. :P Truth is, once I step away from the "I'll never sound/play like so and so," I tend to thoroughly enjoy my playing.

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 10:05 PM, django49 said:

Well, maybe a Les Paul IS essential......

image.png

New marketing campaign?

Right up until they show you who it usually gets you laid by these days. 

• Haha 3

Fuck other forums.  I've tried respectfully asking an automotive question on another forum and just been ignored.  Never seen that happen here, not matter how N00bish the question. 

• Like 2

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I ever find a t-shirt with the message "World's Okayest Guitar Owner", that's the one I should buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about,  "I am an OK Boomer Guitar Player"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mathman said:

Slightly too young for that.  I'm trying to make peace with what is attainable.  Being a guitar owner is attainable.  I have attained it.  Peace!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

72535621_10157349466865546_6611928364930

• Haha 1

78537357_1885712858240674_14716772999579

• Haha 2

On 11/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, mathman said:

How about “I’m not an OK millennial guitar player, because I refuse to indulge in music created with an instrument of mass-destruction that has seduced tens of millions of musicians across the globe, requiring the possession of sometimes dozens of guitars, the purchase of which has enriched the one-percent and has financially weaponized a plethora of industries whose primary goals are the extinction of the spotted owl, the yellow-bellied and Alpine Marmot, and the marten weasel fisher through global deforestation. This is all wrong, I shouldn’t be here. I should be on my computer sampling other peoples’ music and eating tofu. Yet you all come to us young people looking for answers. How dare you! You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words, silly rock music, accompanying your naive songs full of pretentious lyrics played on your devices of the devil! That’s right, PRETENTIOUS! Martens and other weasels are dying! Entire ecosystems are collapsing! We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is your Hamers, your fine Gibsons, your fairy tales of great vintage amps and rock stardom! You all are evil, immature, you are failing us. We see your betrayal and we will never forgive you. I am NOT, an ok millennial guitar player. I am however, watching you.”

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Haha 4

I sold a guitar!  It was a Korean import Daytona, and it's going to a middle school-aged young man interested in learning to play.

I didn't want to create a Gone Guitar Day post, but I am a little proud of myself for making a baby step in reducing the overstock.  Maybe I can move another one or three as we transition to Christmas money/tax refund season.

• Like 2

So simple it plumb evaded me.......

80228066_10216009060963650_4414525759452

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 11:54 PM, django49 said:

78537357_1885712858240674_14716772999579

This will definitely happen, if I expire too soon.  Is that Kizanski with his head down next to the actor that played Rudy?