from a poor family
spare him his life from this fricasee

Edited by django49
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Mount Douchemore

mount douchemore.jpg

I love seeing some of bigger clowns on Reverb get stuck with something they valued incorrectly. 

Guy who bought my Miller Time guitar uses one account to buy guitars and another account to sell, I guess so people won't know he's a flipper trying to low ball people.  I sold the guitar for $1,000 less than he's asking. Fine with me.  I got most of my money back out of it and had fun playing it for some shows for a few months.  Thing was I hated the upper fret access and was starting to pay it less and less, so I decided to move it on. 

I guess he priced based on other Miller Time's (that have been sitting on Reverb forever).  

Sucks it moved it out of reach for actual Hamer fans, but I hope he enjoys sitting on it forever at that price.  Already been three months. 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, mrjamiam said:

Just now is the first time I think I ever saw a Guitar Center commercial on broadcast TV.  On the local NBC (no idea how to tell if it was a local buy or the network feed), during the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special, over the air.  I don't remember what else they pimped - it took me a moment to realize what was on the screen - but they advertised Ernie Ball guitar strings as great gift items.  How does this fit in with the declining guitar-interested demographic, I wonder?

A little bit more data:

1) I've never seen one Music Go Round go out of business.  New ones keep popping up as I do my online used guitar searches, but not one has disappeared.

2) When I moved her 8 years ago, the DC area had 3 Guitar Centers.  Now there are 6 within a 20 mile radius.  8 if you expand to a little over 30 miles.

I'm not sure what's going on, but it isn't *all* geezers building up their guitar collections.

• Like 1

And if that doesn't do it for you, how about a $560,000 Shishkov (Yuriy, that other one).

spacer.png

Coronation Stratocaster by Yuriy Shishkov

The Coronation Stratocaster is inspired by the Coronation Egg made in 1897 to commemorate the inauguration of Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra on the Russian Imperial throne.

The guitar looks as royal as the name would suggest, donning a gold leafed surface with an on-wood Guilloche and gilded silver artwork. Also featuring custom fabricated diamond eagle medallions, along with hundreds of diamonds throughout the instrument, the price of this stunning instrument quickly makes sense.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tortious said:

And if that doesn't do it for you, how about a $560,000 Shishkov (Yuriy, that other one).

spacer.png

The Coronation Stratocaster is inspired by the Coronation Egg made in 1897 to commemorate the inauguration of Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra on the Russian Imperial throne.

The guitar looks as royal as the name would suggest, donning a gold leafed surface with an on-wood Guilloche and gilded silver artwork. Also featuring custom fabricated diamond eagle medallions, along with hundreds of diamonds throughout the instrument, the price of this stunning instrument quickly makes sense.

No, it doesn't...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tortious said:

spacer.png

And it’s not even a set neck...sheesh!!

• Haha 2

I'm sure it was an amazing building exercise for Yuriy, but Jimi needs to kill it with fire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oldie but goodie......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Odd time signatures in popular songs that you never really noticed are explained here. 

• Like 1

If you want to talk about songs that play with time signatures, I think you have to include Journey's "Dead or Alive", which can be written in 4/4, but really seems to be mostly in 6/4:

and Loudness' "Complication":

• Like 4

83488836_461634998075399_470412335683888

• Haha 4

On 1/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Odd time signatures in popular songs that you never really noticed are explained here. 

Watched the first. Listened to a Cheap Trick album today and this jumped out at me from a song. 

• Like 1

I think getting those odd times to work unnoticeably is largely about the drummer.  My first band wrote a lot in 7 and 5 and even had a few polyrhythms here and there.  Folks never noticed because our drummer had such fluid cymbal and snare work that his patterns never seemed to be "interrupted"  by the 1 coming somewhere you didn't expect.  A lot of folks who'd watch us said they never noticed this or that song was in 7/8 or 5/4 until they tried to bob their head to it.  

He left for a few months, and replacing him was hell.  We even had the "best" drummer in our local rock circle in Murfreesboro come audition, and we went from sounding like a balls out rock band to Rush.  Dude never could play an odd time without making it feel odd.  Thankfully, our original drummer moved back to Nashville and stayed until the band finally fell apart a couple of years later. 

Love or hate this song, you have to admit that's a pretty smooth 7/8.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 6:09 PM, LucSulla said:

I think getting those odd times to work unnoticeably is largely about the drummer.  My first band wrote a lot in 7 and 5 and even had a few polyrhythms here and there.  Folks never noticed because our drummer had such fluid cymbal and snare work that his patterns never seemed to be "interrupted"  by the 1 coming somewhere you didn't expect.  A lot of folks who'd watch us said they never noticed this or that song was in 7/8 or 5/4 until they tried to bob their head to it.  

He left for a few months, and replacing him was hell.  We even had the "best" drummer in our local rock circle in Murfreesboro come audition, and we went from sounding like a balls out rock band to Rush.  Dude never could play an odd time without making it feel odd.  Thankfully, our original drummer moved back to Nashville and stayed until the band finally fell apart a couple of years later. 

Love or hate this song, you have to admit that's a pretty smooth 7/8.

Concur.

That is smooth.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, mudshark said:

Mount Douchemore

mount douchemore.jpg

I dont know who those other people are but I like Ted,,,, even if he's a little nutty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

I dont know who those other people are but I like Ted,,,, even if he's a little nutty.

Is one of them Alex Van Halen? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Is one of them Alex Van Halen? 😂

The guy in the ball cap kinda looks like famous commie Lenin, then maybe Farrakhan (or Alex),,, the next guy kinda looks like Roy Orbison without his glasses. 

• Haha 1

The guy in the cap has to be Mike Love of the Beach Boys. A douche at its baggiest. Akin to Hartley Peavey, the 5th Mt. Douchemore head.

• Like 1

HA! Second from right is Axl Rose.

At first I thought perhaps a fat Donald Pleasence, as Blofeld with a wig, then I came to my senses.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 6.49.15 PM.png axl.png

Edited by gtrdaddy