Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

On 12/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, killerteddybear said:

130803691_3341906995908287_1048776971861

I think, I have qualified easily. Under home office conditions my office driving times have converted into home tasks that easily convert into twice      the $7k guitar budget. B)

• Like 2

A few weeks back, I came up with some riffs for a new tune that ended up channeling some serious Jerry Cantrell/AIC. I initially named it Smack Talk in reference to Lane Staley's struggle with heroin addiction and the theme of numerous AIC songs. But as I have no real personal understanding of or connection to that lifestyle, I decided to change it to A Year (I'll Never Get Back)  referencing 2020. But then I started thinking that while 2020 sucked for a lot of people and it definitely had it's horrific points, it wasn't really that bad for me. Kinda contrived. Bah! Again, back to the song title drawing board.

All the while, I was constantly revisiting and revising the riffs and parts. Each time I dug into a section, I'd find myself sucked into a bottomless hole where time evaporated. A quarter hour might as well have been a full hour. Every freakin' time I visited the song I'd lose another couple of hours. It was the musical equivalent falling into the rabbit hole. You know, the one in the Alice In (Chains) Wonderland?

Now, the song's called Rabbit Hole.

God, I suck at this. :P

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 1