Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Sunburst (could be a ’78 model) on ebay Germany

Could be a 78 but it would have to be a late 78 as it has the short headstock.

According to http://www.hamerfanclub.com/sunburst.html it may be a long headstock, but I am not sure. Also the neck looks like a one piece, but the photos are not 100 % good enough to judge.

edit: you are right, it is a tad shorter, I didnt know that there was so much variation.

What the seller has to say (Google translated):

Top rock guitar, very good sound, fully serviced and tuned to perfection. Ready to play.
Hamer USA Sunburst electric guitar, complete and perfectly set up and ready to play.
The guitar is technically 100% ok. Various signs of use as visible in the photos.
Guitar is delivered incl. transport insurance in suitable packaging. Pick-up on location is possible.
- Type: Hamer Sunburst
- Grover tuners
- Rio Grande Vintage PU Push Pull
- 1 humbucker splittable
- 22 frets (perfect set string height)

Bullseye Grovers.

Given the dot neck, changed pickups, (no mention of where the originals are) brass knobs and lack of OHSC I would say (on this side of the pond) around £950 - £1050 but it could end up anywhere.

FWIW I'm not going to be bidding........

Interesting, if it's a 1980 that it has Bullseye Grovers.

Hard to see from the pictures if it's a shim bridge or not, the spacing of the ferrules on the back looks right for a shim bridge but they did mix and match a lot so anything is possible.

Not really sure where the 1980 thing came from, but it's made less interesting given it's a '78 :)

The shim is pretty clear in this shot

$_57.JPG

I bought my first Sunburst (a couple of years back so it'll be interesting to see where this ends up) it was a dot neck long headstock 78 (not in the ohsc but in good condition and all original) I paid £1250 for it from a shop in London where it had been sitting for a while, they had no luck selling it at that price and it went to ebay with no takers.

Could be I got lucky (or not) but there's less interest from collector types in dot necks than B&C and they made more dots so they're easier to find and less expensive.

Hi,

I have contact the seller and have a great advantage... I am from Germany. :lol:

(even seller told so..) Nevertheless I think the Pu´s are not original

Whats about the problems with the neck from those early Hamers?

Regards

Jochen

I think the neck problems only happened on the bound fingerboards with crown inlays so this one should be fine if not you are protected to some extent if you buy through ebay and pay via paypal.

on it....very interesting model in Europe...

Gilles, remember the Alamo... uh, sorry, no, the Vanguard... :)

I remember...or your special resetted neck...or...

Personal difficulties led to different choices now but I still consider it.....

I let you know in any case...

IIRC (others here know more) the very early fingerboards with crown inlays were sub contracted and these caused problems with some of the necks developing twists.

The dot fingerboards were made in house and I can''t remember anyone reporting any problems with them.

Archived