Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Sunburst (could be a ’78 model) on ebay Germany

Now it became a '78. There seems to be competition on the auction. Push it boys to comfirm great resale prices. :D

Does anyone know the approximate serial numbers of the ones affected by the twist issue. One bundle of fingerboards - how many,12, 20 or more?

Prefabricated boards that caused the problem were the crownedbound ones rather than dot, I believe.

Sunburst Numbers per "SERIAL" STEVE 1977-96 instruments (and four unserialed prototypes)

1978-511
1979-843 ALSO.............Tom Holmes (who built the early Sunbursts) said that Hamer sent him a stack of fretboards that were built by another vendor. When Tom received the fretboards they were all bound together for shipping. When Tom took the binding straps off to separate them, each fretboard bent backwards. Tom called Hamer and told them that whoever built the fretboards cut the fret slots too small and that the installed frets were causing the boards to bend backwards. He warned Hamer that this would be a problem and cause the necks to warp/twist. Apparently, whoever Tom spoke with at Hamer said "Use them anyway - we've already paid for them and need you to finish those guitars ASAP". :wacko: So the question is how many B&C Sunbursts were made and out of them how many were flawed with neck problems due to the B&C fingerboards. :unsure: You would think not too many as Holmes had used those fingerboards as instructed by Hamer and then guitars started to have neck issues and were returned or.?????????............... maybe STEVE can comment on how many B&C'd Sunbursts made it out the door before Hamer did something to correct it. I can't believe it was the whole production run of B&C Sunbursts. :blink: Hamer sent Holmes a "STACK" of B&C fingerboards to use on the Sunbursts so...............how many were in the "STACK"?, and how many Stacks were used after that first one that were bad and used on guitars. :unsure: Interesting also as to why some 'SUNBURSTS' have those neck issues and others have none. :unsure:

£1366 UK Pounds.

That's a bit more than I expected given the non original pick ups etc but not totally surprising remember "they don't make em like that anymore" etc.

Early ones don't turn up for sale all that often in Europe either so if you really have to have one and don't want to wait for years it's worth every penny.

Good grab IMO congrats to the new custodian.

The buyer paid what it was worth to him to own it.................Also how Ebay works, just depends on who is watching/bidding and how bad they want it.Trying to find a guitar like this one over the pond could be difficult so I guess you have to have at it when one becomes available. How it worked for me.............I bought my Sunburst despite mods that some may feel make it a lesser guitar. I have yet to see another 79 "Bound and Crowned" Sunburst in Black on Ebay since I bought mine [And that was Jan.16th 2014] so was it worth it to me? YES! :):wub:

The dot inlaid necks were NOT impacted.

Pretty much money for a guitar in that condition. That's raising the bar for other sales too, I think.

it is known scam ...the guitar was sold on german ebay for 1700 euro two days ago. A scam guy just posted today pictures from ebay on quoka or another resources about selling the guitar with very good price than it offers you to "buy now" auction and send link with scam ebay page.

TO BE CLEAR do to buy from link on quoka.de (just checked it was removed by my request) this the scam deal. The deal on german ebay was fair, i believe.

no, i have asked guy who was selling Sunburst on ebay and he says he did not post any ads on quoka. Quoka ad has been posted after ebay auction was finished. Even more i strted mail exchange with that guy, he told me the guitar is in UK although it is was listed in Berlin, after i told he about real ebay auction he deleted his ad and stopped answer.

I must say this a third time I see such scam, so if you see some interesting ad, use google picture search to identify real owner.

Archived