Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ng7D

Ting Ho Dung

Special financing and a special deal landed me this Neptune Blue JP7 with roasted birdseye Maple neck. It's probably shorter lived here than Feynman 1, 2, or 3 guitars are for him as Brandon will surely confiscate it once he learns of its existence.

Neptune Blue (couldn't resist) is a limited run color that has already been discontinued. The birdseye Maple board is also only offered in this run. This is the first Roasted Maple necks I've seen MM do as well.

The neck is very sleek and fast. I was able to lower the action quite a bit from the factory set. I also pulled some relief out of the neck. It took about an hour to set it up and adjust the springs for the tuning I think I'm going to use for now which is A-D-A-D-G-B-E

I'm not sure if this will become my go-to, in fact, I highly doubt it. But it's going to be a fun playa'. It's very easy to play everything I already know in drop D and now I have an added string for new stuff to learn. Like Muse.

Forgot to mention: All Hog body (I believe only for this run but may be wrong) and 24 SS frets.

jp7.jpg

jp7-1.jpg

jp7-2.jpg

jp7-3.jpg

jp71.jpg

Archived