Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Case for Hamer 1978 Sunburst

I am looking for an original Hamer case for a Sunburst (the 78 I recently bought on eBay). Would settle for a third party

case, but only with an absolutely snug fit.

I am in Germany, so Europe preferred, but shipping from USA will be considered if somebody has one for sale.

Cheers,

Todde

I went through the same thing when I bought my 1979 Black "Bound and Crowned"Sunburst...............it had no case so I bought one from the 1990s......case is clean inside and out and fits perfect HEREhttp://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/63610-hamer-cases/page-2?hl=+hamer%20+guitar%20+cases

That cherckerboard case looks awesome ! Is it a correct fit ? My expercience is, that generic LP cases are bit too big.

I'll try to find out if the will sell to Germany.

ARM OF HAMER - I contacted TKL and they offered me to build one of their custom shop case for $450 onwards, depending on the options.

They stated that they do not make the original cases anymore. Actually, I believe a perfect fitting case would be the number TKL 7825, but TKL does not have any distributor in Germany/Europe as far as I know. A real pain ... I'll keep searching eBay ...

Edit: Can anybody actually confirm that the TKL 7825 case is a snug fit ? I might be able to buy from the U.S. I just need confirmation.

Cheers, Todde

Todde, My Sunburst fits perfectly in my Gibson Les Paul Jr doublecut case from 2011. Also has the double neck support. The Gibson could be covered with a sticker.

TKL has a special case for the Junior. I have not witnessed that fit.

Dan

Got my 90s Hamer case [Made by TKL Canada] off Ebay for $99.00 its a perfect fit with nice padding and all the latches work,and its clean with just some slight aging/patina. I have see these come up for sale on Ebay for around the same price IF you are looking for a Hamer branded case. Good Luck and BTW nice "SUNBURST" :)

Got my 90s Hamer case [Made by TKL Canada] off Ebay for $99.00 its a perfect fit with nice padding and all the latches work,and its clean with just some slight aging/patina. I have see these come up for sale on Ebay for around the same price IF you looking for a Hamer branded case. Good Luck and BTW nice "SUNBURST" :)

I actually like the 90s Hamer cases better than the originals. They are more solidly built, have more cushioning and provide better protection.

I'll settle for anything that fits ... :rolleyes:

I've been looking for LP Junior cases, but to no avail. If a more recent Hamer case turns up, I'll go for it. It does not have to be an original 78. Actually, that checkerboard case looks really fancy and the inside measurements fit exactly with my Sunburst, I just checked. They also ship internationally, so i might go for that. The Cheap trick look ... ah, why not ? :D

My preferred luthier is currently relocating and will only be available in another couple of weeks. Meanwhile the guitar is looking pretty in its

stand in my living room waiting for a refret, and the repair of the sheared off strap pin.

Once the guitar is ready I'll post a couple of nice pics in the Sunburst appreciation thread, so you can all appreciate it ... :lol:

Still, absolutlely no regret for the amount I paid. A stunning guitar and they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Cheers,

Todde

• 1 month later...

I am looking for an original Hamer case for a Sunburst (the 78 I recently bought on eBay). Would settle for a third party

case, but only with an absolutely snug fit.

I am in Germany, so Europe preferred, but shipping from USA will be considered if somebody has one for sale.

Cheers,

Todde

Hi, you got a pm :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

The cases that Hamer used in the '70s/early 80s for Sunbursts were virtually identical to Gibson Les Paul cases.

I've compared many in-hand over the years and swapped the guitars with absolutely no difference in fit from guitar to case.

I went to my guitar shop recently and must have checked 30 LP and LP type cases ... either no fit (they would not close or bend the neck when closed) or a loose fit that I thought too loose ( in a way that would allow the headstock to bump into the end of the case = no protection at all).

I have no problem with overseas purchases (being in Germany), but the shipping cost and the import tax and duties are mostly a deal breaker.

I can have custom flightcase made by my local flightcase company for €250,00, but - way to heavy ...

I'm close to buying more recent USA Special, just for the fookin' case ... watch out here for a Special for sale with no case ... :blink:

Cheers, Todde

That's a Hamer GC-8. The case for Studios, Sunbursts, etc. should be a GC-1, if I'm not mistaken. It'll probably fit, but won't be exactly the same.

I bought one of these back when he was first blowing them out for $45.00 shipped!.............and I posted it here...............soon many of the HFC members were getting them as well..............hell he must have bought out the whole warehouse! :lol: The prices have gone up now of course :( but this IS the same case I have my Black 79 Sunburst in and it fits VERY well even though its not a original 79 Hamer [LP style] issued case.The 90s era Hamer issued cases do have much more padding and are very well made by TKL. For the price even with those other considerations to get it to you............it IS a original "Hamer Case." Buy it! :)

This is all true.

I snagged a really nice USA Vector case that I needed for $80 shipped a month or so ago. Guess he's got a pretty deep stash, but that's the only game in town for those things.

I'm on it ... asked for shipping and costs to Germany and got a checking and reverting reply. Let's see what he says. If a 79 Sunburst fits in snug. I am sure my 78 will have a snug fit too :P

Nice case.

The problem with cases designed for L.P's is they're too deep for the slim-bodied Sunbursts and need adjustment to the neck support (as you mention) or the neck will not lay flat and the case lid will hit it and push it down as the lid closes, not ideal.

Seems to be a problem with a lot of Gibson cases as I had the same issue with a couple of Gibson Flying V case's.

Archived