Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Event feeler

dragan

Since I came to the party late and it seems there aren't many Hamer events happening , I was wondering if there would be any interest in a meeting / jam . I host jams at the 9th st Pub In LaSalle Il ( roughly at I- 39 and I- 80 )and would offer my Sunday afternoon Dec 21 st gig as an opportunity for an event . It's a kinda fun funky-little roadhouse type place with a respectable pa and mixer , sound guy is already booked . I host with my band ,bass drums and harp good quality back line in place ( Carr, Alessandro , Drz , Budda and Gallien Kruger amps or bring your own) the place has had almost every musician in north central Ill though there at one time or another the Elvis Bros , Gary Green of gentle giant , Robin Zander's Daughters band ??? This Friday is Miles Nielsen . So all styles of music are welcome and I'll be there one way or another. I think it would be fun to meet you and check out everyone's guitars , shoot the bull , play some tunes , maybe drink a little beer ? It would be early enough to drive back home (4-8), or stay up late and spend the night ,there are some nice hotels in town .Anyway it's a thought I had and thought I'd put out there and see if anyone's interested !?!

bump to say : I had considered making this an exclusive event , but due lack of interest/ responses , I cant justify that, so If anybody does decides to make the trip. let me know Ill put ya on the sign up sheet first . We are a blues based band but the club and all the rest of the local musicians are not , and are open to whatever it is you want to do . the club is nothin fancy but has a pretty good beer selection and decent food . the locals are some very good musicians , all you have to do is drive a little and have fun playin the guitar.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny Shawn , don't think it'll help but thanks for the offer . Please do show up !

The drummer and bass player had a recording contract with MCA back in the 70s and actually were recorded by Glyn Johns , they are a couple of characters and have lots of cool stories . Dick Verruchi and Dick Hally , or as we lovingly call them " the two Dicks "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh what a blast it was! Thanks to Doug and the all Lasalle/Peru players that showed for this event. Lnutter crashed the party so HFC was in the house for some stage time. I haven't felt this welcome and at home since my last visit to the 4321 Club. A great bunch of players all layed back and no one was a stranger for long. I'll leave the pictures to Lnutter because frankly his are going to be better than mine. ;)

This sounds like another epic HFC'ers meeting. I'm posting now to get notified when the pics will arrive. :)

Archived