Hamer Fan Club Message Center

neck / fb progress

Northfield

There are so many companies that rely on some fancy epoxy and suction to create the necks within a half a day or so and that just absolutely blows. I am letting my necks sit and adjust between each step of the process. It may take longer, but it needs to be done right, and will be worth the wait. Worked on tapering the necks this week. Normally I take my own action shots, but tonight my lovely wife captured one of the best pictures ever. I am not sure she will forgive me for ending up covered in saw dust anytime soon, but hey it was worth it to get the shot.077_zps37d93faa.jpg103_zps1580c6a0.jpg110_zps98e591a2.jpg073_zps2fd7ccd6.jpg

Everything about this post brings a giant grin to my face!

SO stoked. Your wife has a great eye for composition. The first photo is practically an action shot, it has motion.

Almost wish I ordered crowns after seeing the fingerboard photo, but I must remain resolute and not stray from my love of dot neck pointys.

The owners of the "first 48" (and subsequent orders) are going to be getting some bitchin'-assed guitars!

Looks great. :)

Frankly I love the way the inlay crowns look perfectly straight. Some times some luthiers will end up with them installed on the wonk which never looks great. It all contributes to the perfect product.

Love the jigs too.

Rock on!

There are so many companies that rely on some fancy epoxy and suction to create the necks within a half a day or so and that just absolutely blows. I am letting my necks sit and adjust between each step of the process. It may take longer, but it needs to be done right, and will be worth the wait. Worked on tapering the necks this week. Normally I take my own action shots, but tonight my lovely wife captured one of the best pictures ever. I am not sure she will forgive me for ending up covered in saw dust anytime soon, but hey it was worth it to get the shot.073_zps2fd7ccd6.jpg

Awesome pic!

those guitars are gonna be something else! Wish I had the coin for one!! Congrats to you guys getting the first batch, I'm sure everyone will be super happy.

Everything about this post brings a giant grin to my face!

Sheeetttt eatin' grin to mine!

Archived