Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Holey Califoley!

Gone. Perhaps the nicest maple bodied Cali body I have seen and I love the colour. Agree with above - if it was a set neck it would be perfect.

^^What he said.

So glad I don't need guitars with trems/shredders.

Anyone here score this ?

Pretty but a pity they didn't bookmatch it.

That's an indication that it's an earlier one, correct? Probably has the through-neck bolts on the Floyd lock nut? Anyway, if it sold for 2K, that seems like a reasonable price for that.

-

Austin

Damn! That's so purdy I'da hit it, even without a reverse head and toggle. :rolleyes::lol:

Just as well though. Got little discretionary cash these days and I just got word of another impending NGD headed my way. :ph34r:;)

I sold an O'Connor painted Elite to a guy in Russia. It'd be a damned shame if it did go to Russia- MUCH more difficult to get dibs on it over there. ;):lol:

Pretty but a pity they didn't bookmatch it.

That's an indication that it's an earlier one, correct? Probably has the through-neck bolts on the Floyd lock nut? Anyway, if it sold for 2K, that seems like a reasonable price for that.

-

Austin

You're right mate, in the fact that a lot of the early (88/89) maple bodied one's had completely different halves, often with the upper part flamed and the lower part sort of, well, not flamed or less flamed with other shit going on but looking at this one, with my glasses on, I'd say this is definitely post '90 as the strap button's up an inch or so from the centre line and the pic showing the nut area show's the neck is wider than the nut which all looks towards an early nineties one.

Mind you, as Hamerhead mentioned, it's not displeasing to look at, far from it and if it was ten or so years ago during my buying frenzy I would have been on it like a rash but I do wonder why it's not matched as by 1990 all the flame one's I've seen and owned have been pretty perfectly mirrored...................................................Jol be 'arty' perhaps LoL, or just trying to look different to Jackson ?

Just edited to say: whoever, whatever, $2000 Usd is a very reasonable price, in fact I would have probably held out for the full $2.5k if it was mine seeing how uncommon quilted one's are and also the immaculate condition - it's the sort of thing we've seen some chancers chuck up at $4k !

Wow. Nice Cali. About a half hour away too.

They could have gotten the full $2500 IMO.

I think the quilt top looks better how they tried to match the pattern so it looks sort of like a one-piece in a lot of shots, rather than bookmatched. I usually prefer quilt over flame anyways.

Archived