Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Why I Can't Stand Dave Grohl"

MCChris

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valley Girl. I always loved the bass line.

It is kind of funny how a song that started as a parody became such a defining description of so much current behavior. I hear uptalk in women and girls more and more, which is depressing.

Add a few cell phones, maybe some Uggs boots, and a couple of Northface jackets, and that video would seem pretty current.

I love journalists and music critics who feel inclined to put down successful artists, especially good artists, when the writer likely has never performed onstage, or had an album in Billboard, or won a songwriting award, or had a video on music TV.

yet....they are "experts."

The problem with music journalists is the same problem with musicians and other "cool jobs"....there are always legions of "wannabes" who will work for free just for the chance to do the "cool" job. So, the hacks get hired for free and the more talented, who expect to be paid for their talents, pass on working the freebies.

What you then get are lots of shitheads able to voice their opinions in print, on stage, on radio, etc., who try to become relevant despite their lack of talent.

The only job hacks should be allowed to work for free are street mimes, so their opinions are muted.

Respectfully disagree.

Playing guitar well has zero to do with writing well.

Second, I am not an expert chef but I know when I've been served a shitty meal. I am not a film director but I know when I've seen a bad movie. You probably have never played college football but you're gonna tell your buddies when a coach has had a crappy season.

If we all had to prove ourselves as being better than the pros before being allowed to criticize we might be more POLITE but life would get pretty dull.

Funny. This is exactly how "The Kardashians" TV Show was pitched to get it on the air...and it's been highly successful.

So, I guess I AM wrong. :)

Enjoyed the New Orleans show.... not as focused - would have liked to see and hear more Meters and explore more about their drummer and what made his beats unique... trombone shorty was cool --- lyrics are just hurting though.... trying to see beyond them.... still digging the show -- usually watch it Sunday - look forward to it each week... DC episode still tops so far for me.

Archived