Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'd like to proactively say welcome to all the new members joining soon.

So late Saturday (well, early Sunday morning), a friend of mine and myself got to talking about gumbo which led to leaving an hour later (4 a.m) to drive from Austin to New Orleans with a stop in Lafayette (well, Jeanerette to be technical). We ended up crashing at a place on Decatur after several rounds of shots at 5 a.m. at the Erin Rose with a set of bartenders we got to know earlier from another bar.

My point is this, I go on ONE 42-hour lost weekend thing, and a whole forum gets shut down while I'm not here to keep an eye on things. Do you know how hard it is to find a babysitter at 3 a.m. in Austin on Sunday morning?

Yeesh!

(And welcome to anyone that comes over :D . I was a member there as well and still have a lovely 535.)

Thanks for the warm welcome Thundersteal! I had kinda fallen asleep at the wheel back at the HOC with my 2nd go around as Redsand.

The whole scene is bittersweet for me.

Looks like I need to start saving up for a a Hamer now!

Welcome Mattjayworker,

I hope you enjoy this forum and yes, you need to get you Hamer!

Hamerica

Hi all, I've been a member of HOC for a couple of years. It was my only forum and it is so sad to have it all crash down last night.

I've been a member here for a while too, but sold my last Hamer a few months ago, so it didn't feel right being here without owning one. Besides I can only concentrate on one forum at a time.

I thought about joining TGP now, but I don't like it much there, so I'll join here if you'll have me?

I guess I'll need a new Hamer now... Ah, an excuse to buy a new guitar :D

Like the attitude. Yep, get yourself a new/used/newtoU/vintage Hamer.

Best wishes,

Hi all, I've been a member of HOC for a couple of years. It was my only forum and it is so sad to have it all crash down last night.

I've been a member here for a while too, but sold my last Hamer a few months ago, so it didn't feel right being here without owning one. Besides I can only concentrate on one forum at a time.

I thought about joining TGP now, but I don't like it much there, so I'll join here if you'll have me?

I haven't had a Hamer for years. It's not a requirement.

What you do need is the Hamer attitude. Without that you'll be derided, abused and ultimately leave or get kicked out.

This board is seriously cool, a perfect mix of respect, bad attitudes, deep knowledge and deeper hilarity. Kinda like my hometown.

^^^^^^ this

Owning a Hamer is a bonus. Guitars will come and go however there are some real life long friendships I personaly have developed all because of a little ol' band from Rockford and a small guitar company started in the suburbs of Chicago.

best wishes,

Hamerica

I heard I can say Fucktard. Is that true?

Absolutely!

Alongside: douchenozzle, dingleberry, rumpleforeskin, spunkbubble, asscactus, Dingus (or dingis), twatwaffle, buttnugget, dirty sanchez, & turdburgler

As well as ass-hat, dickcheese, toejamc*ntsausage, fuckface, buttcrust, skidmark and fartstain. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome Thundersteal! I had kinda fallen asleep at the wheel back at the HOC with my 2nd go around as Redsand.

Welcome Mattjayworker,

Hamerica

Matt? So you were Redsand?

I remember that after our trade I stopped posting on HOC for a little while and when I got back you'd been banned. Never got up to speed on what happened...

Somebody once hinted Redsand was MattJayWorker, but I could never find out for sure. Good to know in retrospect that it was you all along :)

I think as long as we avoid "Republican" and "Democrat", we're pretty much OK...

:)

Yeah, I was actually going to say that as far as they keep their Heritage religion for themselves, speak English and contribute to the development of the HFC, they're more than welcome. :lol:

I've been a forum member for about a year on this forum. I too stopped posting when I sold my last Hamer. However, I was a regular on the HOC since pretty much the beginning ('07). Now I'm going to have to get myself another Hamer. Not that I needed an excuse to buy another guitar! Did Hamer ever make a "Fucktard" edition of any model? :D

Welcome Mattjayworker,

Hamerica

I remember that after our trade I stopped posting on HOC for a little while and when I got back you'd been banned. Never got up to speed on what happened...

Somebody once hinted Redsand was MattJayWorker, but I could never find out for sure. Good to know in retrospect that it was you all along :)

Slammer came back as HRB853370

Welcome Mattjayworker,

Hamerica

Slammer came back as HRB853370

No way?! I was PMing him just earlier today and had no idea! I hope he comes join HFC too.

I haven't had a Hamer for years. It's not a requirement.

What you do need is the Hamer attitude. Without that you'll be derided, abused and ultimately leave or get kicked out.

This board is seriously cool, a perfect mix of respect, bad attitudes, deep knowledge and deeper hilarity. Kinda like my hometown.

Hey, don't take away my excuse to buy a new guitar. It's a much better excuse than my usual one of having managed to get up and dragged myself to the office in the morning :D

Seriously, I'll be fine here I think. Everybody seemed pretty cool when I posted a few months ago. It's just that getting integrated takes a while... Oh, and the lack of tapatalk capability on teh forum is a bit of a bummer as I do most of my posting on the train commute from my phone..

I'm still waiting to see what Torn is cooking up with the exiles page :)

IPB Buddy

It's not quite as nice as Tapatalk IMO, but it gets the job done just fine. ;)

I think we are open to host open sales and trades from the HOC that were interrupted by the shutdown since so many HOC members moved over to the HFC. Please provide proper pics for quality advertisement and amusement.

Just to let the newbs know: by providing a contribution to this forum, they have the opportunity to view the "off-topic" area. Inside, you'll find a nice collection of some of nature's finest wonders.

Just saw this--the HOC is shutting down!

Yea, crazy thing... it seems that two lying drama queens pushed the owner of the HOC over the edge and he pulled the plug.

They kicked Brent out.

No, Brent was pissed off already and then quit of his own free will. The banning was just a formality due to the nature of one particular heated exchange that he participated in and I am hard pressed to believe that it would have been a permanent thing.

Just saw this--the HOC is shutting down!

Yea, crazy thing... it seems that two lying drama queens pushed the owner of the HOC over the edge and he pulled the plug.

Is it that the HOC became boring since Brent left?

Heritage/Heritage Forum threads are going to be consolidated here.

All are welcome, but please keep in mind that this is a Hamer-centered forum, not a Heritage forum. We have plenty of fans of both brands who are active, contributing members and also many more lurkers, but it really isn't our intent to make this the substitute board for Heritage stuff.

Hopefully, all of you will have a new, less draconian and highly informative and fun community soon - it sure sounds like some things are in the works!

We're pretty laid back here, and have a lot of fun, but don't piss us off too much with those gawdawful headstocks!! ;)

Archived