Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: When good guitars belong to bad people....

Just what I need......A red light to flash every time I hit a wrong note. That would be a freakin' light show.

That one could remain a beater and be the guitar you play wide open, reckless, and unhindered. Dowel the holes to replace the strap buttons. Fix the electronics. Just play it.

Be careful investing too much in it with ideas of having it refurbished and refinished.

I did ask the seller if a case is included.

In all honesty I'd consider getting her just to restore her. The stupidly placed tuner buttons are an easy fix, as are the f'd up controls.

Agree - the top is just a veneer. Sand it down, re-apply a new/better veneer, and delete the idiot-light and switch. Easy.

If someone could source some Mahog dowell, the strap button issue looks easy, too.

This is a solid $350 guitar with all the 'right' parts. Considering that someone sniped the last Checkerboard Special away from me, the one on ebay that had a BROKEN HEADSTOCK for $355, this guitar just became a 'good deal' for someone who wants a solid project. No shame in the game.

If someone could source some Mahog dowell, the strap button issue looks easy, too.

Easy enough to find online, but you pay a stupid shipping price for a single rod...and yes, I have one sitting right here.

I have two rebuilds/refins I'm working on already, so I won't be buying it. But this one would NOT be a difficult project, assuming there's no structural damage to the neck.

Damn you people! It's right down the street from me. Must... resist...

Score it, then flip it to someone on the HFC after the holidays die down for what you paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived