Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jeff Healey

bubs_42

He was one of the acts at my first concert too. Anyone else there? Molson Park in Barrie - "Seven Bands for Seven Bucks". I only remember a couple of others, Gowan, Haywire, David Wilcox.

Jeff Healey ended up quitting in the middle of the show after warning "if someone throws another beer bottle at the blind guy, I'm outta here." Some dick did (again!) And off he went.

About the only thing I recall as a 10 year old.

R.I.P.

Doug told me a couple weeks ago to find Jeff's version of Hoochie Coochie Man. I did and love it.

http://youtu.be/eijz1hSj9u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eijz1hSj9u0

Jeff Healey Band's Live at Montreaux 1995 film/video includes Hoochie Coochie Man. Concert DVD vailable on Amazon and from Netflix.

51ECFTKZNEL.jpg

If it weren't for Road House, I wouldn't have seen him in action up to now.

First time I became aware of him was BITD on TV at the Grammys or some music awards show....the finale was "I Hear You Knockin'" and scores of singers and guitarists took verses and solos. Then JH blew them all away....I mean he just ripped and tore the roof off one one verse and one solo. I said " I gotta find out about this dude."

It reminded me of a 70s Grammy show where Glen Campbell cut George Benson's head right off in a dueling solo showcase,....

Roadhouse has some of the best "worst" one-liners in cinematic history.

Road House may be the best bad movie ever made.

"Pain don't hurt."

"Right boot."

"He's quick out of the gate, but he's not much for stamina."

"Dalton! I see you've found my trophy room. The only thing missing is....your ass!!!"

Jeff Healey got my favourite version of "While my guitar gently weeps"

Better than the original, and What. A. Solo.....haven't been surpassed yet.

Cheers wherever you are Jeff...

Have you hear Frampton's version?

Yes, i have, and i concede, the tone and the solo of Frampton's guitar gives me goosebumps, but there is something about the Healey version as a whole, that makes it so frigging awesome, it goes a bit off the original, and that's is certainly something i appreciate, Frampton's guitar makes a solo, and it's sublime, Healey's guitar has its own voice, and it's her singing, Healey only accompanies her with his voice :D

Healey's guitar is her own master, she's alive.

I saw Jeff back in the nineties in Liverpool from what I remember it was a great show. The main memory that sticks out was a girl in the front row who was in love with him and between each song she would tell him so. His reply was "I get the feeling this girl hasn't had it in a long long time" :)

Best line / Scene from that movie was "Your gonna be my regular Saturday night", something like that anyway :)

Geoff

The two members who used the words "bad" and "worst" in reference to Road House should be banned on principle.

Hold on there; I'm actually a fan. Inexplicably, I freeze whenever I find that movie while flipping channels. Like Smokey and the Bandit, it almost demands to be watched. Back in '97 and early '98, I was traveling a great deal for work and found that Road House and Bandit could be found playing on TNT or TBS nearly any weeknight. There simply aren't many lines in those flicks that I don't know by heart!

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff Healey got my favourite version of "While my guitar gently weeps"

Better than the original, and What. A. Solo.....haven't been surpassed yet.

Cheers wherever you are Jeff...

Have you hear Frampton's version?

I decided to give it a few, new repeated listenings and this Frampton version is growing on me, i really like it now....it gives me goosebumps :)

So you know now....

The two members who used the words "bad" and "worst" in reference to Road House should be banned on principle.

Hold on there; I'm actually a fan. Inexplicably, I freeze whenever I find that movie while flipping channels.....

I can only watch the Uncensored version.....you CANNOT miss Julie Michaels' best work!

Archived