Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2015 Self-Satisfying Challenge (or Who's Gonna Buy Stuff)

hamerhead

The opposite of Nate's, this challenge is all about BUY! BUY! BUY! List your new (to you) guitars here and WIN! WIN! WIN!

The person who accumulates the most guitars from January 1, 2015 through midnight December 31, 2015 will be declared the winner.

The prize will be: Well.....all the guitars you got over the last year. Duh.

2014 was a nutty year.......Suspect I might have "won". Though several items went away too, including 4 or 5 Hamers.

2015 has to be a slower pace (even though there is SUPPOSED to be something pretty nice popping in here any day now). I DO hope to be cutting loose several items too.

Edited to add that the first delivery for 2014 was just promised for tomorrow! (It is NOT a guitar that starts with an H).

I'm in, just picked up a new amp on Saturday. Although I too need to move some stuff that just isn't seeing enough play time, or unique enough tones, to justify keeping. Assuming I am successful, there will be more gear coming in as well. And the cycle continues.

Well, I'm off to a roaring start. One of my 2015 resolutions was to thin the herd and all I managed to do was trade two Cali's for different guitars and buy a new MIM Jackson. :blink:

Not doin' so hot on that resolution, folks. :lol::P:rolleyes:

I am in. All I bought in 2014 was a cool amp...my Lil Dawg Ol Yeller 6g6-b Bassman clone. No guitars.

2015 will get off to a roaring start as I am expecting my Shishkov Ultimate ....,after that.....I hopefully start selling other guitars to fund another Shishkov!!!!

^^^^

Shoot......Post WTB. You might be surprised.

It worked for me a few years back when I was trying to track down some hard to find Hamers!

I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff that's just sitting and getting some type of semi hollow w bigsby. I'm doing more straight jazz standards than rock gigs these days and don't have anything that works like I want it too. So I'll be looking for a standard Monaco or something similar soonish

I'm aiming for two guitars this year. No more selling. Won't win the contest, but I'll enjoy the guitars.

I'm out: at this point it would be beyond senseless for me to throw any more money at Madison Square Bedroom. I'll be paying the remaining balance on the Shishkov Ultimate and that's it.

Contemplating helping you guys out though - a sell-out of my modest collection could get me enough cash to get back into building cars...

Oh yeah! I'm gonna sell sell sell!

Basically I'm getting rid of dead weight, so I can buy... nothing? I need guitars that I love, not guitars that I just got because I wanted to try one out.

I also need to solve my issue with SSH guitars.

Archived