Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Yes! I mean, RUSH!

velorush

RUSH TO VISIT 34 CITIES THROUGHOUT NORTH AMERICA IN 2015

Celebrating 40 years, Rush and Live Nation confirmed that the R40 LIVE Tour will visit 34 cities throughout North America this summer beginning May 8 in Tulsa, OK and finishing August 1 in Los Angeles, CA. These not to be missed concerts will highlight four decades of the band’s music. Tickets for the RUSH: R40 LIVE TOUR will go on sale starting January 30th in select markets at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com.

After 40 years together and 20 gold and platinum studio albums – Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude. Celebrate four decades of music with three incredible musicians – all in 1 night.
Here is a listing of the announced tour dates:

May 8, 2015 Tulsa Bok Center -- Tulsa, Oklahoma
May 10, 2015 Pinnacle Bank Arena -- Lincoln, Nebraska
May 12, 2015 Xcel Energy Center -- Saint Paul, Minnesota
May 14, 2015 Scottrade Center -- St. Louis, Missouri
May 16, 2015 Austin360 Amphitheater -- Austin (Del Valle), Texas
May 18, 2015 American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
May 20, 2015 Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
May 22, 2015 Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
May 24, 2015 Amalie Arena -- Tampa, Florida
May 26, 2015 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park -- Atlanta (Alpharetta), Georgia
May 28, 2015 Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
May 30, 2015 Jiffy Lube Live -- Bristow, Virginia
June 8, 2015 Nationwide Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
June 10, 2015 First Niagara Center -- Buffalo, New York
June 12, 2015 United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
June 14, 2015 The Palace of Auburn Hills -- Detroit (Auburn Hills), Michigan
June 17, 2015 Air Canada Centre -- Toronto, Ontario
June 19, 2015 Air Canada Centre -- Toronto, Ontario
June 21, 2015 Bell Centre -- Montreal, Québec
June 23, 2015 TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
June 25, 2015 Wells Fargo Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
June 27, 2015 Prudential Center -- Newark, New Jersey
June 29, 2015 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
July 9, 2015 Sprint Center -- Kansas City, Missouri
July 11, 2015 Pepsi Center - Denver, Colorado
July 13, 2015 Maverik Center -- Salt Lake City (West Valley City), Utah
July 15, 2015 Scotiabank Saddledome -- Calgary, Alberta
July 17, 2015 Rogers Arena -- Vancouver, British Columbia
July 19, 2015 KeyArena -- Seattle, Washington
July 21, 2015 Moda Center -- Portland, Oregon
July 23, 2015 SAP Center at San Jose -- San Jose, California
July 25, 2015 MGM Grand Garden Arena -- Las Vegas, Nevada
July 27, 2015 US Airways Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
July 30, 2015 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater -- Irvine, California
August 1, 2015 The Forum -- Los Angeles (Inglewood), California

As they did during their Clockwork Angels tour, Rush is offering up special VIP packages for this tour:

Tickets for the RUSH: R40 LIVE TOUR will go on sale starting January 30 in select markets at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Citi® card members will have access to pre-sale tickets through Citi’s Private Pass® Program beginning January 27 in select markets. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Exclusive Rush ticket packages are available, please visit vipnation.com for package details.

post_feature.jpg

Agree with Steve. Charlotte shows draw a crowd from South Carolina and parts of N. Georgia. Greensboro shows draw from the Triad and Triangle, as well as points North and East.

By the way, does anyone have that famous photo that purports to show the lines, respectively, at the men's room and ladies room during a Rush show?

ETA: Found the photos here: http://blog.sfgate.com/parenting/2011/06/27/the-womens-bathroom-at-last-nights-rush-concert/

Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude.

Whatevs.

Nope, I think it will be shorter stints from for at least a while. Sounds like NP and for good reason does not want to be away from his child for long periods of time. I cannot blame the guy that is for sure.

Saw them on Moving Pictures 2011 tour. I'm good.

Did read a funny article (can't remember where) that Geddy's been running his bass direct into the board and putting household appliances like fridges, washing machines etc out on stage and putting dummy mics on them. Just because people expect to see amps w/ mics on them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm...June 12, 2015 @ United Center in Chicago. Last time I saw RUSH was at the Aragon Ballroon in Chicago for the "A Fairwell To Kings" tour...very different venue !! Oh my...but what a GREAT concert !!!

Vic

I am going to try to make the one at the Xcel Center in St Paul. The last one I was when the played the Minnesota State fair and before that it was Snakes & Arrows tour. If anybody from the Minnesota area is going give me shout we can make it a mini HFC night out!

Carl B

Rush was my first concert way back, so I think its time again.

Mine, too (Moving Pictures, 1981, Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis), so it was great to make it my daughter's first real rock concert last year when I checked her out from school (from the check-out log, "Reason: Cultural Event" :lol:) and took her to see Clockwork Angels in Nashville - and on a school night, just like when I saw them!

I will say the CA tour really delved deeply in the post-Moving Pictures albums, primarily Signals. In retrospect, I'd probably have enjoyed the Time Machine tour better, but hey, getting to witness YYZ with a string section accompanying the band was nothing short of magical!

Saw them on Moving Pictures 2011 tour. I'm good.

Did read a funny article (can't remember where) that Geddy's been running his bass direct into the board and putting household appliances like fridges, washing machines etc out on stage and putting dummy mics on them. Just because people expect to see amps w/ mics on them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There have been a ton of great 'backdrops' since he started going direct. There was the washer dryer set from Vapor Trails:

RgDFN.jpg

After the concert they threw the Rush shirts that were "drying" into the crowd.

At some point Ged added a sandwich machine (maybe R30?):

040811gedsrig.jpg

Then, for Snakes and Arrows there was the Chicken Rotisserie:

2704497420_84a5f26858.jpg070627photo1.jpg

and the Time Machine, er, machine (made sausage during "Sausage Time")

geddysbacklineonstage2.jpg

Last year was the steampunk Clockwork Angels... thingy...

Rush-21.jpg

Lerxst had H&K make these interesting cabinets for his amps for Time Machine:

7634.jpgclockwork-angels-13.jpg

and then moved all his amps off-stage for Clockwork Angels:

121202carnies.jpg

300 bucks for a single Rush ticket. Yikes that's bogus like a 350 od pedal

That's VIP package pricing:

VIP Gold Package
  • One premium reserved ticket in rows 1 through 10 on the floor!
  • Specially designed RUSH gift item (exclusive to VIPs)
  • Tour Program
  • Official VIP laminate
  • Rush VIP Wooden Pick Set (limited edition, exclusive to VIPs)
  • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
  • Dedicated VIP entrance (where available)
  • On-site VIP host
VIP Silver Package
  • One premium reserved ticket in rows 11-16 on the floor or first 6 rows of lower bowl!
  • Specially designed RUSH gift item (exclusive to VIPs)
  • Tour Program
  • Rush VIP Wooden Pick Set (limited edition, exclusive to VIPs)
  • Dedicated VIP entrance (where available)
  • On-site VIP host

In the past, VIP packages have included "meet and greet" with Ged and Lerxst (Neil does not do "meet and greet"). The past couple of tours the merchandise has shipped out well after the concert. Also, you don't know your row/seat number until you show up at the venue and present your identification. Steve, did they give you an actual seat number? If so, that's an improvement over TM and CA.

I'd say, if you feel it's worth it to get in the first ten (or sixteen) rows, cool, if not, the merchandise is certainly not enough to make it worth it to me. ;)

I missed the last 2 tours because I was out of town for work. Those were the only tours I missed since 1984. Sadly, I will miss one, too. Even as a huge fan, the ticket prices (even non-VIP) are getting a bit high when all is considered (I know, I know, their shows are great).

Archived