Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina Standard and Quilt Top Studio

Can someone tell me the exact stain color used on that Standard? I know it's the typical "Korina" finish, but can't seem to find out what is used anywhere online...

That's called "Jol's Stank".... :D:D

oh wait wrong thread.

Peter

There is a reflection on the back. There are not any scars on the back of this Studio.

IMG_2830_zps3f1660bb.jpg

IMG_2828_zps198c0e1a.jpg

IMG_2826_zps99fc1dea.jpg

If it only had a wraptail. This guitar has been uglyfied by someone thoughtlessly drilling 2 extra holes to accommodate a tail. (slowly shakes head and mumbles) "Oh the horror, the horror."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread and to thank Steve for bringing the Korina Standard to my attention. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this guitar, and boy is it a beauty. It's a 2004, which made it even more appealing to me, as I own a 2004 Special Korina Jr. They are several hundred units apart in serial number, but are both magnificent guitars. They are both light and very resonant and effortless to play. One (of many) things I always liked about Hamer guitars is their consistency of quality. I never have to worry about getting a bad Hamer. Can't say the same about the big G guitars, of which I own several.

A special thank you goes out to Chris at the Guitar Shop in Anderson, SC. Chris is one of the nicest people of I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. He is extremely accommodating and he even picked up the cost of shipping. How often does that happen?! He also speaks highly of Steve and knows him well. Chris did mention that, since he used to be a Hamer dealer, he does anticipate additional pieces to pass through his store. If you're interested in keeping abreast of his inventory, I would suggest 'Liking' the store's Facebook page.

Once again, thank you to Steve for bringing this beautiful piece to my attention. I was really surprised (but glad)that no one else snatched it up!

Regards,

Vic

Hi All,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread and to thank Steve for bringing the Korina Standard to my attention. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this guitar, and boy is it a beauty. It's a 2004, which made it even more appealing to me, as I own a 2004 Special Korina Jr. They are several hundred units apart in serial number, but are both magnificent guitars. They are both light and very resonant and effortless to play. One (of many) things I always liked about Hamer guitars is their consistency of quality. I never have to worry about getting a bad Hamer. Can't say the same about the big G guitars, of which I own several.

A special thank you goes out to Chris at the Guitar Shop in Anderson, SC. Chris is one of the nicest people of I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. He is extremely accommodating and he even picked up the cost of shipping. How often does that happen?! He also speaks highly of Steve and knows him well. Chris did mention that, since he used to be a Hamer dealer, he does anticipate additional pieces to pass through his store. If you're interested in keeping abreast of his inventory, I would suggest 'Liking' the store's Facebook page.

Once again, thank you to Steve for bringing this beautiful piece to my attention. I was really surprised (but glad)that no one else snatched it up!

Regards,

Vic

Congrats Vic..and kudos to Steve..cool example of HFC teamwork. What about the Studio?

Dang! B) Thank Gawd it has a pickguard. I'm out. :rolleyes::huh:^_^:ph34r:

Oh, the potential... B)

SerenaHamer.jpg

I think I missed out on the Standard, because I did not see any guitar in the pic.

Just the typical BCR_Greg irritational camera lead. :P:D;)

As near as I can tell, it's a trans yellow or ambered clear.

So, "Goldenrod", if you're going by the Crayola 64/Mitch descriptor.

As near as I can tell, it's a trans yellow or ambered clear.

So, "Goldenrod", if you're going by the Crayola 64/Mitch descriptor.

Better than Periwinkle, eh? Or Raw Sienna?

"A Gibson Korina like this is in the >$6-7K region! They are historic 58 RIs"

I can vouch for this. I was interested in the 58 Korina Explorer ('98 model) at Grinning Elk. He has it listed for 7.5K. His best price was $6875. Since I could buy three Korina Standards for that kind of money, I wisely chose the Hamer.

• 1 month later...

The weather has finally broke up here in the Northeast and I was able to snap a few pics in natural light.

DSCF0003_zpsyamezuam.jpg

DSCF0007_zpsgqjgtus0.jpg

DSCF0008_zpserz3gsvh.jpg

DSCF0009_zpsbjd8uaqh.jpg

I made a few minor, reversible changes. I switched from the black knobs to the amber and I installed an ABR-1 bridge. The ABR-1 sits on a set of conversion posts.

The Duncan 59's sound great and will stay. From my experience, 59's work really well in Korina wood guitars.

Archived