Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD!

Jason01

It's been a while since I've posted one of these! I had to remake my photobucket account so I hope the pic works. I'm told this is the only left handed vintage S. Steve or someone can probably correct me if thats wrong. I don't know if you can tell from the pic but this thing is just stupid clean. Its like it was brought home and stuck under the bed, never played. I cleaned it up, threw some new strings on it and plopped in a new battery to replace what might have been the original (it was bursting and the expiration date was almost 10 years ago).

PART_1423705660042_20150130_171312_zps27

It's been a while since I've posted one of these! I had to remake my photobucket account so I hope the pic works. I'm told this is the only left handed vintage S. Steve or someone can probably correct me if thats wrong. I don't know if you can tell from the pic but this thing is just stupid clean. Its like it was brought home and stuck under the bed, never played. I cleaned it up, threw some new strings on it and plopped in a new battery to replace what might have been the original (it was bursting and the expiration date was almost 10 years ago).

PART_1423705660042_20150130_171312_zps27

That's definitely a keeper. The wood and finish is out of this world. The nicest Vintage S I think I have ever seen.

I agree. Holy sh*tsnacks.

Rock that in good health!

Edited to add this is one of the only times in my life I've wished I was a lefty at guitar.

Great NGD post!

Very, very nice!

Hamerica

Glad to see somebody here got that one. When it popped up on ebay I knew I would be left in the dust when the bidding was over. That and the first run of Shiskov's are two times when I really wish I had started a reserve guitar fund for emergencies like this.

Sometimes I just have to step back and count myself lucky for having the ones I do have, especially my yellow lefty Chap Sustainer which is already pretty much my dream guitar. Not that I won't still be jonesing over that Vintage-S and your Red Cali! :-)

I don't have a red cali? I have a black one though. I'd wanted a vintage S for a while and even contacted Peter to see if he knew of any and when he said he didn't I pretty much gave up hope of ever getting one. This one popped up on ebay at a time we were in money saving mode so we had the money, I just had to convince the wife. I don't know why but I just knew exactly what it was going to sell for and what I needed to bid. Thats never happened to me before on ebay. Its taking longer and longer to find those "must have" guitars now that I've gone to the one in one out rule. I'm pretty sure the first words out of my mouth when I cracked the case were "holy shit!". It feels very different than my other Hamers, the neck is much smaller and it took a day before I had that "a-ha!" moment and bonded with it. Its definitely a keeper, probably THE keeper!

Archived