Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Why I Have to Wait for My Wife To Leave the Country to Go Crazy

DSC_1430_zps619e7d2b.jpg

DSC_1431_zps2008de84.jpg

DSC_1432_zpse772ddf1.jpg

DSC_1433_zpsea3e5f91.jpg

DSC_1434_zpse4bdf21e.jpg

Now, must it be this chaotic?

No, it doesn't have to be. But it is. Partly because I want the guitars I'm selling to be out & available so I can a/b different guitars easier as part of the process of determining for sure which ones get sold. Partly because I want to have them easily available if there are any questions about things I didn't notice or forgot to cover once they are listed on eBay. And partly so that I can box them up easier.

But it is pretty crazy.

Once this is all done, they will all fit on the rack/stands in the 2nd-to-last picture, and on the shelves in cases in the last picture.

Damn, man. To think, I'm trying to get my herd down to a level where they will all fit on a 6 guitar rack and one hanging stand. :P

Damn, man. To think, I'm trying to get my herd down to a level where they will all fit on a 6 guitar rack and one hanging stand. :P

Well, I cover a little more ground than you do. But still, I can't imagine how anyone can do that. There are just too many cool guitars out there.

Looks fine to me. ;):lol:

I agree, doesn't look like a problem there to me. That just looks like a Saturday afternoon around here.....

I keep trying to spot the ones you got from me :)

I'm slowly decluttering now. Like you, I tried a bunch but I keep gravitating to a few that really speak to me.

• The MotorAve is unique. As in, Mark only made one like this and how many times do you get to have a one-off from a "known" builder?
  • The Strat because everyone needs a Strat
  • "Goldie" the Studio Custom that looks like it went through World War III because I have fond memories of gigging that one with Mrs. Polara before Baby Polara came along
  • And the Shiskov of course!

I keep trying to spot the ones you got from me :)

The Chap is over on the single stand at the right side of the window, between the 2 3-guitar stands and the TV table. That's a 100% keeper. Love the neck, need the Sustainer, need to complete my Big 4 of Hamer shredders. Or, 5 w/ the Virtuoso.

The Squier Standard is standing on the floor leaning against the brown couch, but is turned string-side toward the couch. The Squier Standard is over in the 7-guitar stand. Probable keeper. Not sure. It probably needs new pickups/pickguard to keep, and I'm trying to decide if "needs no additional work" is a good cut-off point for keepers.

Although to be completely honest, I might well have 6-7 guitars tied for #1.

Lets' just say I just hope I never have to choose between the Virtuoso and the Mercury Head.

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for a variety of aesthetics? Because it seems there are only a handful of general guitar tones that can be had from several guitars, and after that it's all about looks (well, actually, there are different ways a guitar feels as well, but personal preference on what we look for in a neck is usually pretty narrow -- I think).

In any case, if you've got room for it and the wife is okay with it, why not, right?

Archived