Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Has a price list been developed and/or posted?

Pieman

Pricing list for what?

This, and No.

Pricing list for what?

Presumably for what Mike will charge once the three two only special run completes.

Seriously guys, price lists are really a Hamer thing... let's all remember that Mike's starting with a grounding in those traditions, but is going to a new place with Shishkov.

;)

Correct.

Also, at this point, he doesn't have a list of models, etc. There are internal price/option lists, but since he hasn't opened the doors for actual custom orders yet, those won't be available any time soon.

At this point, he's focusing on the Ultimate run, but more will be coming in the near future.

We keep saying this, but sooner or later, everybody is going to get it: Hamer Guitars is OUT OF BUSINESS, and NOBODY IS BUILDING HAMER GUITARS/MODELS. That includes MIKE.

You may see some familiar or "influenced by" features, but don't email (or post) asking for Californians, Phantom GTs, Stadium logos, etc.

Thanks!

Set pricing (i.e., a price list) stems from mass production.

Inputs are purchased in bulk and outputs are more or less homogenous with respect to the most costly inputs.

This is not the Shishkov schtick (at least, so far)

I think that if Mike came up with a basic model of guitar, then it could be accompanied by a starting price, with option prices stated elsewhere.

In a sense, the Ultimates were set as a limited introductory offer price guitar with his set price plus a limited set of options available.

Anything custom designed and built should be priced on a piece by piece basis.

This will be one of the first places we'll see Mike's new stuff.

A little patience goes a long way...

Hamer model names are a language we all understand so its quick and easy and I completely understand why people do it.

While Chris has said Mike is not making Hamers many times I can understand the confusion of those who see how much the Ultimate design was inspired by a Standard. While they share some similarities they are different guitars.

The concern comes from when someone says something like "how much will Mike charge to build a Watson". Mike is definitely not in business to build Hamer replicas but statements like that might lead someone to believe that he is

Will Mike build people guitars inspired by a Watson or one of their favorites just as was done with the ultimates? My belief is yes, but these models will also be different guitars just as the ultimates are.

Lets not forget that Mike has some ideas for things none of us has even seen yet so there maybe something on the horizons even better than that Talladega styled guitar you were thinking about.

If the powers at be can agree on THAT statement it should just been pinned at the top of the Shishkov Page. Makes complete since and I cannot wait to see what unfolds because Mike can surely come up with something better than I can dream up. ;)

That is correct!

I for one am looking forward to ordering the first Shishkov double-EndurNeck-neck, spruce-topped harp guitar with Shlabotnick Shocker™ pickups.

The beauty of it is that it sounds like a joke when I say it...

Actually it is, cmatthes probably has the first one lined up. ;)

Archived