Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: cheaper guitar / amp for a neighbor

Maybe under the $350 HFC price...maybe $400. He's looking at all electrics right now. Thanks for the help! Possibly looking for cheap amps as well.

The Affinity series Squier guitars from Fender are an outstanding value IMO.

squier_tele_02.jpg

The only work I did on my daughter's was to mask of the fretboard and take a small file to the fret ends.

Edited for grammar.

Look at the Xaviere line at Guitar Fetish or the SX brand from Rondo Music. I have an SX Hawk, a Strat clone. When I bought it, I just figured I'd use the woodwork and totally gut the pickups and electronics. I haven't touched it.

And I agree the Squier guitars have become great value.

Then how about a Rolling Rock Squier Tele? My left-handed buddy got it and hung it on the wall behind his bar (it's a righty). It plays really well and is virtually unused. Comes with a bag.

I also have a small Peavey amp.

Sell the pair for $200, with some cables and stuff......

You should be able to find a cheap amp on CL, GC or local music store. Why buy a amp here for $30 and spend $30 - $40 to ship it when you could put that money towards a better guitar.

I am not sure where you are located but here is a cheap Koren Hamer Daytona at Music go Round in Nantick MA for a $129.

http://www.musicgoround.com/p/264999/used-hamer-daytona-electric-guitar-made-in-korea

0376411_0.jpeg?w=550&h=550&mode=crop

Then how about a Rolling Rock Squier Tele? My left-handed buddy got it and hung it on the wall behind his bar (it's a righty). It plays really well and is virtually unused. Comes with a bag.

Was that my Squier? It's a great axe if so.

What kind of PV amp? Do you have any pics of the guitar? If he likes the graphic it might do him well.

I have no idea which PV it is. Pretty small, though. It was in a pile of stuff......I need an intervention......

I'll be home shortly and get some pics.

Archived