Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TRULY Custom Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, he's making great progress!

Burrito Build Blog page 2

As much as I can't wait to see it, I REALLY can't wait to hear clips of it.

Me too! ;-) But... in the mean time, I'm enjoying the visuals:

burrito83.jpg

That is gonna be one sick guitar. What is the ETA?

Construction will be done in early- mid June. Finishing no later than August, possibly earlier, depending on numerous factors. :D

that is without question the most obscenely ridiculously figured maple top I have ever seen. It's like freaking 4-dimensional....

There was another even more figured and IMO, more stunning billet Chris was bidding for on feeBay but sadly, we lost out. In all fairness the price had gotten beyond ridiculous, topping out at over 460 bucks. Sure, it was amazing, in terms of Gibson ratings; it was easily an 8A :lol: but I look at it from this perspective- I'm just not that good of a player, nor am I well-off enough to drop that kind of coin on a hunk of wood.

Oooooh. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion, RobB. :lol:

Zero likelihood of that. I saw the box of hardware and guts and there's nice Switchcraft black 3 way toggle awaiting installation. Additionally, I have the added security of being able to see the build at any stage as the builder lives 20 minutes from me and posts regularly on his build blog.

But keep trying. You may eventually stumble on something legitimately funny. ;)

Is it going to have french fries in it?

sdburrito.jpg

Holy shit! I hope not, but that looks kinda appetizing... or maybe I'm just hungry. :P

Howdy gents. I'm Diablos friend that's building his axe for him. Glad to hear you are enjoying the work :-)

Cheers,

Chris

It's true- Meatbomb pays me very well to be his friend. :lol:;)

Howdy gents. I'm Diablos friend that's building his axe for him. Glad to hear you are enjoying the work :-)

Cheers,

Chris

It's true- Meatbomb pays me very well to be his friend. :lol:;)

Do I need to point out how NOT kosher that sounds? :-)

To put it into context, when he was younger, Meatbomb's folks had to hang a steak around his neck so the dog would play with him. :lol:

burrito80.jpg

Just watching. Did he turn a neck through into set neck?? I would break the idea given's knees.

burrito80.jpg

Just watching. Did he turn a neck through into set neck?? I would break the idea given's knees.

Nope- it's a still a neck thru. I think what you're seeing is the alder "wings" where they meet up with the neck piece.

Hi Gorch. This is neck through. What looks here like the end of the neck is merely a step-down at the end where the fretboard sits to allow for the maple top to slot in around the fretboard.

The top is 1/4" thick and once in place here the maple top will be flush with the end of the "neck" where the fretboard ends.

Looks like something Jim would request.

Of course, he's going to bitch about that Floyd, mark my words!!!

:D

Only if it is as f-ed up as the one on my custom Cali was... :lol:

As long as it flutters he'll be happy. With one single string and one spring it should flutter like hell. It might never stop fluttering

As long as it flutters he'll be happy. With one single string and one spring it should flutter like hell. It might never stop fluttering

Funny things is, that's a great litmus test as to a Floyd's performance capabilities. I've never played a poorly performing Floyd that fluttered. If it flutters, then I know it's well installed and properly set up to do all that a Floyd should do.

Archived