Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TRULY Custom Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, he's making great progress!

Burrito Build Blog page 2

Just watching. Did he turn a neck through into set neck?? I would break the idea given's knees.

Hi Gorch. This is neck through. What looks here like the end of the neck is merely a step-down at the end where the fretboard sits to allow for the maple top to slot in around the fretboard.

The top is 1/4" thick and once in place here the maple top will be flush with the end of the "neck" where the fretboard ends.

Gosh. And I thought I had to buy tickets and import a MIK baseball stick to break ... Whatever, it looks very very promising. Can't wait to see the result.

Gosh. And I thought I had to buy tickets and import a MIK baseball stick to break ...

LOL. I wish I had some idea what this means. Is it Klingon or something?

Gorch is one of our members from across the big pond. Germany, to be precise. Occasionally, we have minor lost-in-translation language differences. I believe he was joking about buying airline tickets and bringing a made in Korea baseball bat to break the knee caps of the person who suggested turning a neck-thru into a set-neck. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

But wait! There's MORE!

Since the Burrito is getting a badass figured maple top and bending 1/4" thick quilted maple ain't all that easy, Chris purchased this badass vacuum system to help shape the top to the contours of the alder underneath:

Suck.jpg

Jim occasionally has internet dysfunctions :)

This is what he was trying to post...

Suck.jpg

That's what happens when you try to pull an image directly from a lousy bit of email service and post it here. ;):lol:

Can we have a peek at the top now that it's on the guitar ;) . You can see it a bit through the vacuum. This is gonna be an epic build - that top is fucking insane!

I have to clean it up and route off the edges of the top flush with the sides yet. I'm sure Jim will post more as I send him pix. I'll be updating him tomorrow with new pix. I just clamped the top today and it came out of the bag only 30 minutes ago

Can we have a peek at the top now that it's on the guitar ;) . You can see it a bit through the vacuum. This is gonna be an epic build - that top is fucking insane!

Patience, my good friend. :lol:

bruh-inhoc-be.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Maple top is on and glued fast. P'up cavities were added last night!

bags6.jpg

cav2.jpg

cav3.jpg

Actually, this thing is darn near perfect for you~!!!!!!

I would certainly hope so- it is my custom order, down to the last detail. :D

That top is unreal dude. Can't wait to see this finished... What's the ETA?

He thinks it will be finished building by early-mid July. Unfortunately, there's the finish to contend with which will take an additional month or so to cure. Looking at a mid- late August delivery. :D

It's a good thing he has guitar building to support himself on. He'd starve as a comedian... :lol:

Archived