Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TRULY Custom Build

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boom. Routed for Floyd and fret board radius-ed. Note the compound radius ala Jackson/Charvel. Truly, this is the guitar that neither Hamer nor J/C were allowed to and/or capable of building. IMO, best of both builders specs.

califloyd3.jpgcaliboard3.jpg

caliboard4.jpg

Gosh. And I thought I had to buy tickets and import a MIK baseball stick to break ...

LOL. I wish I had some idea what this means. Is it Klingon or something?

Gorch is one of our members from across the big pond. Germany, to be precise. Occasionally, we have minor lost-in-translation language differences. I believe he was joking about buying airline tickets and bringing a made in Korea baseball bat to break the knee caps of the person who suggested turning a neck-thru into a set-neck. :lol:

Well translated from Klingon diablo175. :D

Meanwhile, I love to see the guitar developing. The top looks fantastic! The floyd routing is well done too.

Gorch is one of our members from across the big pond. Germany, to be precise. Occasionally, we have minor lost-in-translation language differences. I believe he was joking about buying airline tickets and bringing a made in Korea baseball bat to break the knee caps of the person who suggested turning a neck-thru into a set-neck. :lol:

Well translated from Klingon diablo175. :D

Meanwhile, I love to see the guitar developing. The top looks fantastic! The floyd routing is well done too.

Ich auch, Gorch. :D

Truly, this is the guitar that neither Hamer nor J/C were allowed to and/or capable of building. IMO, best of both builders specs."

Wait, what? Not "allowed" to build, I get that. But not "capable" of building? What does either J/C or Hamer lack such that they're incapable of building this (leaving aside the obvious fact that the latter company no longer exists)? Are the frets made of unobtanium or does the woodworking require knowledge in advanced rocket-science? (My questions are not meant as a challenge of any kind, it's just that I'm actually curious what drives the belief that either of the companies mentioned are incapable of building such a guitar.)

All that aside, I'm going to keep pleading that you video the VERY FIRST TIME you plug this in and play it. Nothing would be more cool than your sharing that experience with all of us, since were all living vicariously through you on this project -- hey, how often can any of us order our dream guitar (if ever)?

Truly, this is the guitar that neither Hamer nor J/C were allowed to and/or capable of building. IMO, best of both builders specs."

Wait, what? Not "allowed" to build, I get that. But not "capable" of building? What does either J/C or Hamer lack such that they're incapable of building this (leaving aside the obvious fact that the latter company no longer exists)? Are the frets made of unobtanium or does the woodworking require knowledge in advanced rocket-science? (My questions are not meant as a challenge of any kind, it's just that I'm actually curious what drives the belief that either of the companies mentioned are incapable of building such a guitar.)

All that aside, I'm going to keep pleading that you video the VERY FIRST TIME you plug this in and play it. Nothing would be more cool than your sharing that experience with all of us, since were all living vicariously through you on this project -- hey, how often can any of us order our dream guitar (if ever)?

It was made VERY clear to me, at the time of spec-ing the C3 out, that Hamer did NOT do neck thru. Period. That was not a building method they engaged in nor had the shop set up for. So, yes, in essence they were incapable of doing neck thru. Oh, they had the skills present and capable within he ranks of their craftsman, but the shop itself, as I understood it, was not set up, nor was going to be, for a neck thru.

Conversely, J/C would not do any body style other than their existing body offerings despite FMIC owning Hamer brand and presumably Hamer's designs. Theirs was more of an unwillingness rather than an incapability.

Okay, the shops not being set up for certain things clarifies why they were incapable of such a build. I should have considered that (still, I was sort of hoping the nut was carved out of a unicorn's horn, but whatever).

Hey, you didn't promise to video your first time firing it up. Once you "deflower" that thing in private, we will never again get a chance at seeing your first impression. Believe me, we're all sharing your anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...

DAMMIT!

Can you see it now?

burrito-fb1.jpg

Uh, no.

When I try to open the image in another tab, I get the error message that the session timed out. In other words, we'd need to be members of whatever site that is to see the pic. If you want to share it with us, use your super-secret membership login to access the image, download the image to your computer, then upload it to a hosting service such as photobucket.com and link to that image in your post.

Sunnuvabeech! Comes up fine on my end! :lol:

Last try- if'n this don't woik, 3 strikes and I'm out!

burrito-fb1_zpsrl8ns7j4.jpg

burrito-fb2_zpstw5lqrsk.jpg

Need a bit of varnish on that m8

Was thinking maybe some flooring wax would work just fine...

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to come together Jim - I know you are psyched!

Yup!

Going for lacquer in 2 weeks!!!

Archived