Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TRULY Custom Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One small step closer to being completed. :D

ffretboard-burrito7.jpg

Wow! Somehow I have missed this thread. I had a guitar once that looked quite a bit like that one. :ph34r::P

Very nice.

ETA: Has anyone told you your dots are off center? lol.

I've got my chainsaw and sledge hammer ready... :-)

If it's all the same, as the customer, I'd like to request you finish carving it with a rusty butter knife and log splitter.

This is gonna be killer! Nice wood btw! :P

Do my eyes deceive me or is the body a tad thicker than the Hamer Californian?

It might be currently. Still needs to be carved and sanded.

Do my eyes deceive me or is the body a tad thicker than the Hamer Californian?

Actually your eyes do decieve you. The body is exactly 1 3/4" thick which is the exact measurement I took off of one of Jims existing Cali's.

The reason it looks thicker is because I have yet to round over the edges, nor have I done the belly carve yet.

It doesnt seem that taking just the corner off can make such a difference in the "appearance" of thickness, but it does.

Really moving along now! Body and neck carves and some rounding on the body done. Some fine tuning of the neck carve and the body rounding and the cutaway bevels left then, hardware fitting and finishing!

carve26.jpg

carve24.jpg

Apologies for the ridiculous number of posts this week but these really need to be seen. Just need the cutaway bevels and then....

sanding52.jpg

sanding57.jpg

sanding50.jpg

sanding47.jpg

Looks like caramel. I like caramel.

That's the natural amber of that piece of maple accentuated by the naphtha I use to pop the grain for the pix.

That's not what color it will be when I finish it. I'm going to bleach the Amber out of the top, pop the grain by dying it black and then sanding it off, and then shoot tinted clear nitro.

I won't spill what color it will be. i won't ruin it for Jim :-)

Archived